Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Boston (Boston Common - Theater District) Boston Park Plaza Hotel And Towers

christine5797
By christine5797,
in

I'm angling for a 3* or higher in the Back Bay/Copley Square area for 10/9 through 10/11. Prices for these seem to be in the $300+ per night range. My budget is more in the $200 per night range, with an ideal spend of $150/night. Any tips for getting this to happen? Here's what I've done so far (in the hopes of a 3.5*, but that seems unlikely:

Starting bid, Copley Square-Back Bay, 4*, $160 - REJECTED

Added 3.5*, $165 - REJECTED

Added Somerville-Medford, $170 - REJECTED

Added Fenway-Brookline, $175 - REJECTED

Added North Cambridge-Arlington, $180 - REJECTED

GAVE UP FOR THE NIGHT.

I think $200 is unfortunately going to fall short for 3.5* in the Quincy-Financial zone, but may be enough for other parts of the city. HOTWIRE has a 4* in the Waterfront/Convention Center area.

The lists are updated constantly. The date at the top of the list is when the thread was first started.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I think AaronJB's post was to indicate that while you're budget may not be enough for a 4* hotel in the Copley-Back Bay zone, it may be enough for a 4* hotel in the Waterfront zone.

Given your 4* rejection at $180 do you want to continue bidding at the 4* level in this one zone up to $200 OR lower your star rating to 3.5*? If you want to lower your star rating what is your maximum bid at the 3.5* level before you would lower the star rating to 3* (or consider other nearby zones)?

At current rates in the Copley zone i think you'll likely need to be in the $225 area for a 3.5* hotel and in the $200 area for a 3* property.

Not sure of your plans or needs for this trip but Back Bay-Copley, Boston Common-Theatre District, and Quincy Market are all generally considered centrally located with good access to the T... and PRICELINE EXPRESS has a 3.5* for $186/nite in the Boston Common - Theater District zone, in case you decide the cheaper price within your budget is an acceptable trade-off for not being in your first choice of zone.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I would definitely consider a 3.5* in the Theater District or a 3* in the Copley/Back Bay area. I suppose Quincy Market would be ok, but ideally I'd be right on the Green Line or a short jaunt down Boylston. I'm pretty sure that the Priceline Express deal is the Doubletree in Chinatown, which I definitely don't want.

I just discovered that there is an international bar association conference happening at the Hynes in the same time frame, so the area will be overrun with lawyers.

Given the other event taking place are you ready to lower your star rating and/or consider other zones at this time OR are you going to wait it out hoping for lower rated ahead for a 4* property?

What would you like to try on your next round of bidding?

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I'm going to go as low as a 3* for Copley/Back Bay. If that doesn't work, I'll consider other zones - I am just wary of the Theater District because parts of it are sketchy. Plus, Emerson College is right there, and there's usually a giant cloud of cigarette smoke hanging over the corner of Boylston & Tremont Streets.

So what is the next step... try bidding for a 3.5* hotel in the Copley zone? If that is rejected try for a 3* hotel in this zone?

What is your maximum bid at each star level? (at current rates i think you're likely looking at the $200+ area to be successful)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Started with 4* Back Bay/Copley Square - $190 - Rejected

Added 3.5* - $192 - Rejected

Added Boston Common/Theater District - $193 - Accepted

Not the greatest hotel in the area, but I know it's very close to where I need to be, and they have a fitness center with treadmills. Considering that the Hynes will be overrun with lawyers (and I'm guessing the hotels in the area too, since there's an international bar association conference at the Hynes), this is a good deal. The Priceline regular price was over $300. And I used the PRICELINE link on the BetterBidding.com site.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]