Hotwire Hotel: Help ID 4* Downtown Oct 26-29

mjoe
By mjoe,
in

Please help me ID this Hotel as I'm thinking of taking this deal instead of waiting closer to my dates to bid on Priceline.

I've bid all the way up to $105 on Priceline with no success.

Hotwire offers a 4* Downtown Oct 26-29 for $110/night

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

I think there may be more amenities associated with this property. If you go back to HOTWIRE and click this offer to get to the details page, then on the details page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

If you don't see more amenities listed so try this,

HOTWIRE has a new interface which is not currently showing the complete set of amenities at the usual point of the search process.

This workaround has been successful in order to see the complete set of amenities:

· use this link to search HOTWIRE

· from the search results page click the offer for this hotel

· on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)

· on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

This should show you the full list of amenities associated with each offer.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I did what yu said & this is what came up:

Indoor pool(s)

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Spa Services

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Each amenitiy has a description but I took those off for easier reading. The hotel is offered at $113 now. I'm concerned with the 60% rating

• 3 weeks later...

The Bonaventure is a 4-star with a 90% recommendation rating. The other 4-star you noted above is definitely that old and tired Biltmore. The other option for downtown LA is the LA Downtown Hotel, a refurbed Hyatt property. It's listed on HOTWIRE is a 3.5-star with 80% recommendation. It's right across the street from the Bonaventure.

• 1 month later...

I've been trying to bid for a 4* downtown with no success for the last couple months for Oct 27-29. Today I bid up to $160 & I was still not accepted.

I don't want to bid for a 3.5* because I don't want the Biltmore.

I see in the Express Deal a 3* for $112 Guest rating 8.0 "guest favorite" free internet. That's the only amenities I see even after I click "choose". Which hotel could this be?

Difficult to guess with too high a degree of confidence with just one (common) amenity associated with the hotel, but i would include The Los Angeles Athletic Club, Luxe City Center Hotel, and Oxford Palace among likely candidates, although there could certainly be others that meet this amenity criteria as well.

HOTWIRE looks like what is the 3* Miyako Hotel Los Angeles for $123/nite or the 3.5* LA Hotel Downtown for $157/nite... do either of these work for your needs?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow! I never heard of any of those 3. I looked up all those 3 & the first 2 would work but not the Oxford Place.

I'm trying to stay under $110 so the HOTWIRE won't work. In the past I have gotten the Bonaventure many times under $90/night & that's what I was hoping for but they must have a convention or something because their rate is very high this time & they are not offering any deals. I called the Omni & they said they have only 10 rooms left.

On PRICELINE they only show the Miyako for a 3* Downtown. Do you really think they would have a Hotel in the Express Deal that they don't list in their usual offers?

Would Priceline have a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal that is only $11 less?

Yes, if these are busy dates then the hotel may not be offering a very deep discount for room for these dates... it's also possible that it is some other hotel. If the savings is only $11 all-in and you need this specific property to work for your needs, i would buy thru a source where the name is known before purchase as the $11 isn't worth the risk of receiving something unexpected that doesn't work for your needs.
On Priceline they only show the Miyako for a 3* Downtown. Do you really think they would have a Hotel in the Express Deal that they don't list in their usual offers?
The Miyako i referenced above was thru HOTWIRE. Also, the PRICELINE EXPRESS and 'retail' sides of PRICELINE use a different universe of hotels and we have seen many times hotels won thru PRICELINE EXPRESS (and bidding) that were not shown when searching the retail side for the same dates. You should NOT assume that the hotels offered on the retail side will be one of those that you receive when bidding on or thru PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Just giving you an update:

My husband really wants us to get a 4* so for now I've made reservations that I can cancel up to 24hrs in advance at the Omni for $195/night.

In the mean time, I've been checking rates on Kayak, Hotwire & the Express deals every day.

Yesterday I noticed a new listing was added to the Express Deals for a 4* $245/night. Because it's a 8.0 guest rating & a "guest favorite" I'm guessing it's the Westin Bonaventure although they don't mention the pool & restaurant. Even if it's another hotel, I'm sure we would be happy with any 4* Downtown LA.

The Westin Bonaventure has also been bringing their rate down every few days from $329 at the highest point to $259 as of tonight. The rates for the Sheraton & The Standard have also been coming down.

In any case when I saw that yesterday I tried to bid from $125-$165 with no success.

I'll keep watching every day & will keep trying to bid up to Friday. If we don't get it by then we'll go to the Omni. I will let you know the final results.

I've been using your links every time I do my research or bidding. Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Very Sorry, I thought I had posted our decision as I always make a point to post our wins.  I really can't remember what we did & how we did it :-(   I looked at my Credit Cards statements & can't even see a charge for a hotel room, PriceLine or Hotwire.  This is really a mystery to me because I know I was there & I have several charges for LA restaurants.  The only clue I have is there's a charge at the Omni for $16 so we must have stayed there.  This must have been for our internet connection.

Again I apologize, we go downtown LA a lot & I really can't remember where we stayed on that specific trip.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]