Priceline Hotel: 4* San Francisco (USE)

worldgirl
By worldgirl,
in

Hi. This is my first post....my apologies if it isn't quite right.

Any suggestions in strategy? I am trying to book a hotel for my parents for San Francisco for 10/16 - 10/19/05. I used the following strategies (rebidding adding non-4 star hotels) so far:

USE

$75 Rejected

$80 Rejected

$85 Rejected

$90 Rejected

$95 Rejected

USE (72 hours later)

$90 Rejected

$95 Rejected

$100 Rejected

$105 Rejected

$111 Rejected

USE/USW (72 hours later)

$75 Rejected

$80 Rejected

$85 Rejected

$90 Rejected

$95 Rejected

Looks like I might not even be in the ballpark. If anyone has any guidance, or information about this being a potentially busy week (conferences?) I'd really appreciate the help.

Thanks!

Thank you so much for your quick response!

I have to find them something as the plane tickets are already booked and they are coming from Canada. I will probably go through AAA or somewhere to have a "backup" hotel, but really hope that I can find something through Priceline. I did notice that Hotwire was priced quite a bit higher (160) even for a 3.5 star. Since I've seen so many $75 bids accepted (not for that date mind you) I was thinking maybe there was something going on in town that week pushing the demand/prices higher. It looks like I'm going to have to raise the bid quite a bit....what do you think?

Hotwire is typically a bit higher, but not that much. Since your bids up to $95 have been rejected, it's obviously not a 'normal' time to comare to when $75 bids have been accepted. As an example, one of the most frequent acceptors in the area (the Hyatt Regency) is sold-out for your dates.

How much are you thinking to raising your bid amoun to? Have you thought above a Boutiqe class property (would you parents be happy with such a hotel?)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]