Using Hotwire or Priceline for 3 adults

blevine218
By blevine218,
in

Welcome to Betterbidding.

If you use PRICELINE, you will likely get 1 bed. If you use HOTWIRE and indicate more than 2 people (if you are indicating 3 adults, I'd indicate 3 + 1 child), you should get 2 beds, 1 + sofa or 1 + rollaway. There is no way to guarantee exact bedding.

Please provide the details of your trip if you would like assistance with your stay (date/s, budget, desired zones, etc.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

• 2 months later...

I am in the same situation, looking in Manhattan a room for 3 people.

But I want the Murray East Hill Suites because I know it has a kitchenette or kitchen.

My dates are July 2 - July 16 2014

What do you recommend me to get that hotel and the best price?

I also know I want 1 bedroom not the studio with 2 beds

Thanks in advance.

I am in the same situation, looking in Manhattan a room for 3 people.

But I want the Murray East Hill Suites because I know it has a kitchenette or kitchen.

My dates are July 2 - July 16 2014

What do you recommend me to get that hotel and the best price?

I also know I want 1 bedroom not the studio with 2 beds

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Betterbidding.

The issue with PRICELINE and HOTWIRE is that the trade-off for the discounts that both services provide is that you do not choose the hotel (PRICELINE bidding) and are only offered one hotel per star rating per area (PRICELINE Express, HOTWIRE). Both services require flexibility and there is no guarantee that you will get a particular hotel via PRICELINE bidding or that it will even be offered as an option or that it has discount inventory at all for your date/s.

You also, with few exceptions, are not given the choice of room. Both services guarantee a regular/non-upgraded room.

If you are flexible in terms of hotel and room, please start a NEW TOPIC and post the exact details of your stay (date/s, desired budget, acceptable zones, how many in your party and any other details.)

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]