Priceline Hotel: 4* Toronto (Downtown South) Thompson Toronto

Shameless
By Shameless,
in

So just replying while I have my email open and since we all know I have motivation issues... lol

I was going for a boutique hotel for someone visiting me in Toronto.

Toronto has so many re-bid locations that don't have 4* hotels it makes it really really easy. We chose Downtown Toronto South because it was easily accessible by the Lakeshore and the Gardiner Expressway. For those of you that want to stay in Toronto, I do not recommend lowering your star rating and including the airport, or Brampton.

My first bid was $65 in Downtown Toronto South, and I think I had something crazy like 10 rebids adding areas + $2/$3 increments that didn't have a 4 star hotel.

Check-In: Thu, May 16, 2013 / After 03:00 PM

Check-Out: Sun, May 19, 2013 / 12:00 PM

Rooms: 1 room / 3 nights

Thompson Hotel 4* $92/night

I'm trying to find a hotel for this Saturday in Toronto. There's a Caribbean parade that day which wraps up a month long celebration. Not sure how big of an event this is but downtown hotels are pretty expensive.

I was thinking of staying at the airport 4*. Can you clarify your recommendation? I haven't been to Toronto in a long time.

TIA

Caribana is a pretty big deal here. Traffic is going to be a pain in the butt. I happened to be walking down Yonge street last year and there was several... pimped out cars. I seriously saw a Chevy Cavalier with lambo doors. If you're going to go for the airport, stay to the east airport if you can.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]