Priceline Hotel: NYC 8/27--8/30

Shameless
By Shameless,
in

Looking for 4* or better. Rack rate can be gotten off the Express deals for $200 a night, and I've been watching the Kimpton Last Minute Deals through their loyalty club and it showed the following:

The Muse for $183/night

Eventi for $175/night

Plus they've got a summer bicycle thing going on, and the wine hour is sweet. I'd prefer the Eventi, but not enough to pay the $200 that I believe it to be offered through @ Hotwire. AND, not enough to pay their other rates, ie: $351 (the loyalty price fluctuates depending on the day of the week)

So, that being said. I'd like to keep it around $150/night. If no luck, I can wait it out.

I've been before but it's been years, but my wife wants to do the ESB, SOL... I hope I can keep that to a minimum. :P

Chelsea, SOHO, Hell's Kitchen I'd say are good, as are Midtown East, Midtown West and Central Park South..

I was really looking for a nice watch while I'm down there, but supposedly I'm better off doing what the locals do and shop in NJ. lol

I've been before but it's been years, but my wife wants to do the ESB, SOL... I hope I can keep that to a minimum. :P

Chelsea, SOHO, Hell's Kitchen I'd say are good, as are Midtown East, Midtown West and Central Park South.

What about ESB itself... and/or TS, MSG, and/or Chelsea?

NOTE: at the 4* level in the MTE zone, the One UN Plaza is now an option, which can be up to a 15 minute walk to the subway, is this an acceptable outcome?

PS- posting all your wins (previous or future) in one thread doesn't help anyone find them in the future, not does it allow them to appear in the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins or Priceline Maps. If you were looking for help with this NYC stay would you know to look in the 'Off Topic' thread to find any information?

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for replying. ESB would be fine, less than ideal but fine as long as there are things to do. MTE isn't ideal either, but if that's my only options, I'm stuck right?

I've got:

Brooklyn Park South

Hell's Kitchen

Downtown Financial

SOHO

Downtown Esat

Downtown West

Your logic is sound. I will repost my wins. :P ha

MTE

MTW

Thanks for replying. ESB would be fine, less than ideal but fine as long as there are things to do. MTE isn't ideal either, but if that's my only options, I'm stuck right?

Of course you have options... bid the zones you do want first, up to your maximum bid, then if rejected consider adding the other second-choice zone(s).

I've got:

Brooklyn Park South

Hell's Kitchen

Downtown Financial

SOHO

Downtown Esat

Downtown West

I'm not sure where you're getting these zones from but the italic names above are not the names of priceline zones. Please confirm the zones you're willing to bid, by PRICELINE name, and your maximum bid, and we'll suggest a strategy to follow.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Wow. I must have been really tired when I answered that. Grammar and zone names together took a battering.

Here's my list of descending list of desirability:

1. Chelsea

2. SOHO

3. Hell's Kitchen (These three I'm certain about)

- Morningside Heights I could add in for a free rebid because there's no 4* hotel right?

4. Midtown East

5. Financial District

6. Midtown West

7. Central Park South

8. ESB

No need to include your re-bid zones in your list of acceptable zones as we will add these separately to any bidding strategy.

Are you willing to pay more to stay in your first choice of zone vs. your second choice vs. your third choice... etc, etc. OR is your goal the least expensive 4* or in any of the acceptable zones? OR do you only want to bid for any of the first 3 zones up to your limit then only consider the alternate zones if those three are rejected?

To confirm, maximum bid is $150, correct?

Please confirm which zones you'd like to include in your first round of bidding and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

At current prices i think your $150 will come up short for these three zone, but to give it a try:

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Chelsea...

Bid $120, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $125, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $130, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Soho...

Select 4* HK...

Select 4* Chelsea and Soho...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $143, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea and HK...

Bid $135, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 4* Chelsea and Soho and HK...

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Ok so our dates have changed with the hopes of lower prices. We're going to try 8/24-->8/27. Think our chances are better to rebid for the 4* for those dates unless you think the $150 is still not going to cut it?? I started looking at 3.5 star list of previous wins on both HOTWIRE / PRICELINE and think that we will still be comfortable if not. Let me know your thoughts, its a bit time-consuming to go through all of it if not worth it.

Are you still bidding only these three zones?

I think you would improve your chances for a 4* if you also include the other zones you previously listed as acceptable (most notably MTE and/or ESB would increase your chances, but you should add as many zones that are acceptable to you if you're goal is the lowest price possible)... are you no longer interested in these other zones or do you prefer to lower your star rating to the 3.5* level for the zones you have already bid

Please confirm if you want to first follow the previous three zone strategy, include other zones (like MTE and/or ESB), or lower your star rating for the original three zones and we'll take it from there.

So to confirm: a 4* hotel in Chelsea, Soho, HK, MTE, MTW, or ESB with a $150 maximum bid price?

MSG also looks reasonable now so i have included that below in parenthesis and you can decide if you do/don't want to include this zone in your bidding.

If this is correct, you can try as follows, using your TWO re-bid zones:

Select 4* Chelsea, Soho, HK (MSG)....

Bid $128, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE, MTW, ESB....

Bid $128, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, MTW, HK (MSG)....

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* MTE, Soho, ESB....

Bid $130, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $133, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $135, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4* Chelsea, Soho, ESB (MSG)....

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 4* MTE, MTW, HK....

Bid $138, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Select 4* Chelsea, Soho, HK, MTE, MTW, ESB (MSG)....

Bid $145, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $148, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]