Priceline Hotel: 3* San Francisco (Civic Center South - Hayes Valley) Hotel Whitcomb

Jon1979
By Jon1979,
in

hello,

i am trying to find a hotel in the nob hill, soma, or civic center areas from 8/8 - 8/12, for under $250/night. for the past two years i am able to get the holiday inn civic center for around $220, but its sold out this year. any ideas on bidding strategies?

thanks in advance!

jon

for the past two years i am able to get the holiday inn civic center for around $220...
It would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that the information can help others... perhaps another user traveling to this area during the same time as one of your previous wins could have benefited from knowing about your win. What if another user has already won a hotel in this area for the same dates that you're currently looking for, but they too chose not to post their win? ;)
Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.
...and please click each of the links above before replying.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For sure, I had forgot my password to this site, and was locked out of the email I used to register. Had to call my ISP to get the password to my email, before I could reset the password to this site :wacko:

So sorry for lurking for the past couple of years. I have my login info saved now! I will try HOTWIRE, and post my findings, but for now the best deal I can find is the PRICELINE express for Nob Hill at ~$275/night.

thanks!

Jon

2x

OK, so I have clicked on HOTWIRE, and PRICELINE links about a dozen times to atone. I tried increasing my bid to $240 for 8/8-8/12 using Priceline districts Nob Hill East, West, and Civic Center to no avail. I am going to try one more time today, before I just use the express deal they have at $266/night. Let me know if anyone has any other suggestions, including waiting closer to my check-in date. I will make sure I post some videos of my travel.

TIA ! :unsure:

Update: Even though I have promised myself that I would never use Hotwire again after getting a hotel in Long Beach that was technically in LakeWood since there districts are gerrymandered like congress, this Civic Center South - Hayes Valley deal for $214 looks good, assuming its one of these three-

Best Western Americania

Holiday Inn Civic Center

Hotel Whitcomb

although I doubt it’s the holiday inn since their site is saying they are sold out.

Thanks,

Jon

Can anyone confirm the Cali | Hotwire | SFO | Civic Center Hotel List is accurate? If so, I've got a relatively good deal at $214 night w/ hotwire for the Whitcomb, which I called and, they had a King size bed available for those dates, and their rate was $289 @ 8/8-8/11, and Sunday @ $218. It has to be them, right?

Please post the full details (star rating, city, zone, room rate per nite, dates of stay, and amenities) associated with the HOTWIRE offer) and we'll provide our thoughts as to what it is that you may likely be seeing... you can then confirm with your own suspicion.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Congratulations on your success!

Can you please add a reply to this thread with the amenities shown before your purchase... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]