Priceline Hotel: 3.5* DC (White House - Downtown) Helix, a Kimpton Hotel

manypims
By manypims,
in

As a long-time Priceline bidder, I have to admit, the Express Deals are very helpful in the bidding process. I wanted to stay in the White House Downtown zone, but the Four Star properties are a bit sketchy. I've been burned on the The Westin Washington, which is not a Four Star, and doing a little digging, the 4 star property on Express Deal for $127 was the Mayflower Renaissance, another old, tired and overpriced dog. So I avoided the Four Stars and looked at the 3 1/2 star properties. The Express Deal was $86 and one of the amenities was pets, which doesn't scare me, but allows one to decipher properties much easier. The only two 3 1/2 star properties allowing pets in this zone were the Rouge and the Helix. The amenities did not show Internet so it was the Helix for $86. I knew I could likely bid and get it lower, so with four re-bids available, I started at $60 and won at $75 for a 62% savings according to the win notice. Nice hip property, I can walk to my morning meeting and best of all, I avoided the disappointment and waste of money which likely would have resulted from the Mayflower.

• 2 weeks later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]