Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Allerton Crowne Plaza

cwl6750084
By cwl6750084,
in

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread and include the room rate per nite in your posts.

For the 4* property Are there also 'accessible' amenities associated with this property? This is what i'm seeing at $135/nite for the 4* hotel in this zone when searching for your dates:

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Roll-in Shower

If this is what you're seeing, my best guess for this one would be the Millennium Knickerbocker.

For the 4.5* property are sure this is in the Mag Mile-Water Town zone and not in the Mag Mile Mile-River North zone? What is the room rate per nite? What is the full list of amenities associated with this one?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you for your reply and the information therein. Sorry for making separate posts.

The 4 star on is priced at USD 135 per night. The full list of amenities:

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

The 4.5 star on is priced at USD 154 per night. It is listed under Magnificent Mile North - River North area, sorry for the confusion, did not realize there are two separate areas over there nowadays. The full list of amenities:

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click this offer, then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

If not further click the BOOK NOW button, then on the next page click the 'See all amenities' link... do you then see more amenities then just those above?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I see a 4.5* in the Mag Mile-RN area - when I click on the listing and then click book now and then click "see all amenities", I see:

Pet friendly

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

This would likely be the Intercontinental.

Both the Intercontinental and Knickerbocker are older properties with fascinating histories and some modern touches. They do get some mixed reviews though and rooms may be on the smaller side on both.

The Intercontinental has a better, more central location although downtown Chicago isn't gigantic.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you go back to HOTWIRE and click this offer, then on the ensuing page click the 'See all' link under the amenities, do you see more than what you've posted above?

If not further click the BOOK NOW button, then on the next page click the 'See all amenities' link... do you then see more amenities then just those above?

Thanks for the information. I just realized the list of amenities differs at various steps. I think it is the one AaronJB described.

I believe that is the one that I saw. If the two are Millenium and Intercontinental, I shall pass it out for now and see if other things becoming avaiable, I stayed at both of them and the experiences were not pleasant.

Is there a major conference/event in Chicago during that time? Hotel rates are very high comparing to what I got at about the same time in the past.

Thank you all for all the responses. It is time to get ready for my trips after a hectic week of exams. I ended up not booking last week, afraid of stucking at that 2 hotels.

I am seeing a different 4* hotel in Downtown Chicago - Millennium Park - Grant Park area, for 10 - 12 August, running for USD 123 per night plus tax with the following amenities:

Pet friendly,

High speed internet access

Handicapped parking

Smoke free rooms

Accessible to the blind

In-room accessibility

Roll-in shower

Restaurants

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible bathroom

I appreciate is anyone can identify this hotel for me. Thanks a lot.

The Blackstone Renaissance has been seen with this amenity set so that would be my best guess for this one.

Let us know how it goes or if we can be of further help.

I ended changing my plans: staying in Chicago on 6-7 and 11-12. I got the Allerton on Hotwire for USD 89 (USD 110 after tax) for 11-12 and got Hotel Sax for 6-7 through Priceline Express Deal at USD 136 (USD 160 after tax). Not the most ideal, given the price level this year, I guess this is the best I can do without too much bleeding from my wallet. In the past, 3 or 4 years ago, I never had troubles getting a (better) hotel in the same area at most at USD 100. Time has change everything, I guess. Let's pray that the hotels will give some good experience (and values).

In any case, thank you for all of your helps.

Congrats on your success. :)

Nice deals for these Chicago properties - hope the hotels will work out well for your travel plans.

We'll use this thread for the Allerton, please post a new thread for the Sax.

Please post the full set of amenities associated with both properties - the amenities that were associated with the HOTWIRE listing can be found under the trip information in your HOTWIRE account. The amenities with the PRICELINE Express listing were noted during the search/purchase process.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]