Priceline Hotel: 4* New Orleans (Downtown) Hyatt Regency New Orleans

wooderson
By wooderson,
in

Hello everyone. First timer to New Orleans, so unfamiliar with the areas. Do y'all have a location recommendation? Want to stay in the heart of the city to experience the vibe. Looking for good food, good music, enjoyable, yet controlled, nightlife. Are French Quarter and/or Downtown the best options? Any safety concerns? Prefer a 4* option for 7/12 - 7/14, with a decent parking option. Thanks in advance for the help!

Your best choices are probably FQ, then Downtown, then Conv Ctr. Good food is everywhere; music is scattered, but you'll find lots of it in the Frenchmen St area just NE of the Quarter. Parking will be expensive though; almost all hotels in these zones charge anywhere from $20-45/night for parking. If you won't need in & out privileges, you may be able to find a nearby private lot for cheaper; that will be easier outside the Quarter. I'm assuming you're driving to town, if you're flying in, you should skip the rental car and just take a cab or shuttle from the airport.

Prefer a 4* option for 7/12 - 7/14...

What is your expected budget for this trip? (per nite before fees and taxes)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases... and your searches too! (please click each of these previous links before replying)

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice. Used the link in this thread to book. Tried $61 for French Quarter, and it was declined. It counter offered $84. Instead, I choose $73 and added Downtown. Happy to receive the Hyatt. Should be a short cab ride to everywhere in the area?

Hyatt Regency New Orleans

Downtown New Orleans

601 Loyola Ave

New Orleans, LA 70113

504-561-1234

Offer Price: $73.00

Rooms: 1

Nights: 2

Room Subtotal: $146.00

Taxes & Fees: $31.96

Priceline Hotel Coupon: -$7.30 Congratulations! Your 5% coupon applied!

Total Charged to Card: $170.66

The garages are just 2-3 blocks toward Canal street from the Hyatt. The one with the big blinking sign is a 24 hour operation. I have parked overnight there several times, without incident. Don't get ripped off on parking by the hotel! LOL!

P. S. Corner of O'Keefe and Common.

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I would post a follow-up on this stay. I read in a different thread someone recommended against this hotel because of its location. We actually LOVED this hotel. Yes, it is a slightly far walk from the Quarter or Riverfront. However, it is a very short, convenient, and inexpensive cab ride anywhere in the area. On one outing, we took a cab to the Riverfront and strolled our way back through the various areas and made our way all the way back to the hotel, during the daytime of course. I wouldn't recommend that walk, but it is doable. Again, though, it is a very short cab ride anywhere in the vicinity.

The hotel itself is very nice, with great restaurants. The room was great. Upon our next visit, I'll have no problem wanting to stay there again. I definitely understand the economic benefit to parking in one of the O'Keefe garages. That said, we still went with valet. Yes, it was more expensive. It was extremely convenient, though, with unlimited in and out. We made our way around the city with ease. For our needs, the valet was a good idea.

Thanks again for all of the helpful advice and suggestions.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]