Priceline Hotel: NMA-River North 7/31 - 8/2 Bidding Help

superal
By superal,
in

Hello-

I'm looking to spend a day and a half in Chicago before flying home from our midwest tour. I'll have my 2 kids with me (6 and 8) so I'm thinking the NMA-River North area would be a good bet to be near the heart of things. I'm willing to spend up to about $120. Looks like the big conventions will be over by then. What star rating do you think I could get and any guesses on what hotel it might be?

Thanks for your help!

To begin, note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Let us know your thoughts on the above and we'll then have a look at rates for your dates.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You can likely get a 4* hotel at $120 or less, if that is what you would like to try for you can bid as follows:

When bidding 4* in Chicago you have FIVE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* NMA...

Bid $90, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $95, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $100, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $103, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $105, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $108

If the above is rejected HOTWIRE has a 4* hotel in the Mag Mile-Water Tower zone for $115/nite with:

Smoke Free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... best guess for this one would be the Allerton.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Should I just say 2 adults when booking the hotel, if I were to go with HOTWIRE?

If you're willing to accept the risks which come with doing so, which are essentially the same risks you take by bidding on PRICELINE when you'll be more than double occupancy.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

The problem is that if you don't indicate 2a and 2c, you very well may not get two beds, although if you don't mind the risk, then that's not an issue. The rooms at the Allerton are going to small, though - if you are willing to go up to around the $130-145 level, I think you may be able to have a few other options at the 3.5/4* level.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]