Priceline Hotel: 4* St. Catharines - Niagara (Niagara Falls) Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview

ohaio
By ohaio,
in

I started a different post for the continuation of our Canadian trip.

Planning our first visit to Niagara Falls on August 3rd and would like a room for one night. Are there any nice priceline hotels on the Canadian side which has a direct view of the falls? What is the typical price range?

Missed the groupon deal for Marriott Fallsview. :(

Ok, do you think the 4* priceline hotels in the zone have falls view? I would be willing to pay the upgrade, just want to make sure I at least have the opportunity. Worst case, I walk to the common area to view the falls.

I'd like to stay around $125/night. The express deals are cheaper for Friday night than Saturday. I could switch Toronto and Niagara Falls around. I'm also looking for (2) rooms so not sure if that's important to know.

Friday night express deal:

4 Star Hotel in Niagara Falls, ON Area for $166/night

Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Check In: Fri Aug 2, 2013

Saturday night express deal: same rating and amenities as Friday express deal

4 Star Hotel in Niagara Falls, ON Area for $218/night

Ok, do you think the 4* priceline hotels in the zone have falls view? I would be willing to pay the upgrade, just want to make sure I at least have the opportunity. Worst case, I walk to the common area to view the falls.
The issue with hotels by the Falls is that falls view is often a paid upgrade - this can be requested with the hotel, but the hotel can definitely say no or charge more.

As per above, you may or may not be able to upgrade, it's dependent upon a lot of different factors, the greatest of which is hotel occupancy, if the hotel is sold-out (or only has a few rooms left) with a falls view they may not be willing, or able, to allow you to upgrade (even for a fee). Other factors are what is clean/available at the time of check-in, hotel policy, mood of the front desk clerk, etc, etc.

As with your other post, are you considering these PRICELINE EXPRESS offers OR using these as a baseline to set a maximum bid?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry, I wasn't clear. I wanted to confirm if the current list of 4* hotels are near the Falls and offer falls view. I don't want to bid for a 4* hotel and possibly end up a mile from the Falls.

I would consider the Friday night Express deal if I could be certain of the hotel's identity. I'd pay the premium if the hotel has a view of the Falls and within walking distance (1/2 mile) of the Maid of Mist dock. I know, I'm asking a lot but you guys are enabling a 4* lifestyle on a 1* budget. :)

I wanted to confirm if the current list of 4* hotels are near the Falls and offer falls view. I don't want to bid for a 4* hotel and possibly end up a mile from the Falls.
See our Priceline Maps, enter Niagara Falls Canada in the search box... then filter for only this zone and only 4* hotels... you'll see all the 4* hotels reported to the board (in approximately the last 5 years) displayed on the map. (cool stuff, huh :) ) This zone is only about one mile in diamaeter and everything on the map appears to be within close proximity to the falls, but of course the caveat is that new hotels can be added at any time, and other hotels can be upgraded, so there is always a chance that you receive something not previously reported (or reported at a higher star rating then last reported to the board).
I would consider the Friday night Express deal if I could be certain of the hotel's identity. I'd pay the premium if the hotel has a view of the Falls and within walking distance (1/2 mile) of the Maid of Mist dock.
The amenities are very generic for a 4* hotel, but some possibilities would include the Doubletree Fallsview, Embassy Suites, Niagara Falls Marriott Fallsview, Niagara Falls Marriott Gateway, and the Sterling Inn and Spa.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide and how it goes or how we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

That Priceline Maps is awesome. Thank you for pointing it out. So much easier than googling each hotel and trying to remember where each is relative to tourist spot.

I'll have to explore this site to find more hidden gems. I did see the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins but not as useful as map since the number of hits on a 14 day window is low for Niagara Falls. Not sure why the 14 day maximum but when I'm looking for a target price, I look for bids in the month before and after. Chicago had lots of hits so calendar is perhaps more informative for a busier city.

Based on the map, any of the 4* hotels would work. Even the 3.5* are good locations.

I tried bidding last night with no success. Went up to $130/night for Saturday. Then switched to bid up to $125/night for Friday. Was really hoping to at least get a Friday night stay for $125. Will give 4* a few more tries before going to 3.5*. I think I'm close...at least I hope.

Once I get the Niagara Falls hotel, I'll bid on Toronto. Toronto seems like it will be easier to get and the price seems the same whether Fri or Sat.

The Friday nite does seem cheaper than the Saturday nite, but at current rates i still think you're in the $130-$150 range for a 4* hotel for the Friday nite.

Since you liked our Priceline Maps you may also find use with our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com which using the filter and sort feature makes it easy to see hotels near any given address as well as how much more/less it would cost to go up/down in star rating or to stay further/closer your ideal location. As well, within the infobubble of each marker is a link to WalkScore where you can see restaurants, bars, coffee shops, parks, shopping, etc. near each property.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

I played with the Maps a little more and it incorporates the data from calendar which is very helpful. One thing I noticed on the TimeFrame selector. The "next 365 days" shows future dates. The +/- 3 months only shows past dates. Does the "+/-" mean the dates are approximately 3 months timeframe? I was thinking it would show 3 months in the future (+) and 3 months in the past (-). If it could do that, this would be the ideal 2in1 tool. As is, I could still see starting all of my trip planning from this map tool. GREAT JOB!

Edit: I was working on this reply when you added your response. I'll check out the new link. Do you ever sleep? :)

Do you ever sleep?
Sometimes by mistake :lol:
I was thinking it would show 3 months in the future (+) and 3 months in the past (-). If it could do that, this would be the ideal 2in1 tool.
This is how it does work (at least it should by design). As i assume you are looking at Niagara Falls, so keep in mind that 3 months in to the future hotels in this area get busier and busier and may offer deals to PRICELINE less frequently, so we see fewer wins. Look at the win for the Marriott which is a date in the future... or search for a different area where we see more wins throughout the year (I just tried for NYC (Midtown East) looking at the Roosevelt hotel and did indeed see wins for both 3 months prior and up to 3 months into the future)

I checked the maps again and it works to show the future dates for +/- 3 months. Not sure why it didn't pick up the Sept dates before. But good to know it should work that way.

I've given up on a solo Saturday night stay. There is a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for 4* 7.0+ at $147 for Friday night.

Guaranteed Amenities:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Business Center

Fitness Center

I tried my luck bidding but was unsuccessful up to $135. So looks like you can only save less than $10 by bidding versus PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Yesterday I tried $110 for 3.5* Friday night but rejected.

I'll keep trying since we are still 2.5 weeks out.

Keep in mind that there is not a fixed correlation between PRICELINE bidding and PRICELINE EXPRESS rates... while the savings my amount to less than $10 in this particular instance, for a different set of dates, location, and/or star rating the difference could be more or could be less (we have seen more savings then in other areas and also seen instances where the PRICELINE EXPRESS deal was actually less then bidding)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got a hotel for Niagara. It was a lot of work since this is our first time there. Kept an eye on Express Deals to see when prices went up/down.

I bid in $5 increments til reach my max...

Bid Date / Express Deal / Bid

7/13 / ? / $125 - rejected

7/15 / ? / $130 - rejected

7/17 / $147 ; 7.0+ / $135 - rejected

7/18 / $150 ; 7.0+ / $140 - rejected

7/19 / $168 ; 8.0+ / $140 - rejected

7/25 / $192 / $145 - rejected; getting nervous

7/26 / $192 / didn't bother

7/27 / $174 / didn't bother

7/28 / $188 / didn't bother

7/29 / $152 - 7.0+ / $145 - ACCEPTED ; List View for Hilton was $173

Hilton Niagara Falls Fallsview

Check-In Friday, August 2, 2013 at 04:00 PM Check-Out Saturday, August 3, 2013 at 11:00 AM

I think the price fluctuations were more related to inventory of 7.0+ and 8.0+ hotels. Probably could have saved a few more bucks if waited til Wednesday but I still need to get the Toronto hotel for this trip. Wish me luck :)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]