Priceline Name Your Own Price

brailler
By brailler,
in

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Generally less than 60 seconds. Occasionally if they are having communication issues on their backend you'll be told to check back in 15 minutes, but under 'normal' circumstances the success/failure is shown onscreen and you'll know almost immediately.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know how your bidding goes, or if we can be of assistance with your trip, please let us know the details of your ticket (to/from airports, dates, maximum budget, retail price of tickets if purchased thru traditional booking channels, etc)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am trying to fly from Baltimore to Denver on Aug. 7. I have been on Priceline Make Your Own Bid for the last few days trying to find a good deal, to no avail. I am not being offered anything drastically different than what is available through Hotwire or the regular Priceline site. Any suggestions? Is this just due to the time of year? I have tried changing airports, shifting days 1 day in either direction (can't do more), adding connections, you name it. I am disappointed and curious if anyone has any other ideas. Thanks!

Please keep all posts for this trip in the same thread.

What is your return date? What is the best retail rate you're currently finding for this trip? (use our Airfare Checker to assist in your rate search). What bid amounts have you tried?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using ITA Matrix, 7 days +-2, and including the WAS airports, this $367 complicated routing is the best I can find:

Washington (DCA) to Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) - Wed, Aug 7

American 1777 Dep: 6:00AM Arr: 8:05AM 3h 5m Boeing 737

Layover in DFW 0h 40m

Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW) to Denver (DEN) - Wed, Aug 7

American 482 Dep: 8:45AM Arr: 9:45AM 2h 0m MD-80

Denver (DEN) to Baltimore (BWI) - Fri, Aug 16

Denver (DEN) to Charlotte (CLT) - Fri, Aug 16

US Airways 1710 Dep: 6:45AM Arr: 11:56AM 3h 11m Airbus A321

Layover in CLT 1h 19m

Charlotte (CLT) to Baltimore (BWI) - Fri, Aug 16

US Airways 1970 Dep: 1:15PM Arr: 2:40PM 1h 25m Airbus A321

Total cost $367.10

Direct routes started at $409 with Airtran.

I'm assuming you are not talking a one-way ticket? They can be as expensive as a round trip.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]