Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Oahu (Waikiki Marina) The Modern Honolulu

belindai
By belindai,
in

Can you help identify the following for dates 7/14/13-7/18/13?

Priceline express deal $242 4* Waikiki beach

Guest Score: Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

Priceline express deal $257 4.5* Waikiki marina

Guest Score: Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Restaurant

Business Center

Hotwire 4* Waikiki Marina $286

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet

Golf Nearby

Hotwire 4* Waikiki Beach $265

Free Internet FREE

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Golf nearby

Hotwire 4* Waikiki Beach $345

Free Internet FREE

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

For the PRICELINE EXPRESS properties, my best guess for the 4.5* would be the The Modern Honolulu... for the 4* there are too many possibilities to narrow it down very much: the Hyatt Regency, Outrigger Waikiki On The Beach, Outrigger Reef On The Beach, Moana Surfrider, and Waikiki Parc would all be amoung the likely candidates.

For the HOTWIRE properties, if you are still interested in these, please confirm the full list of amenities associated with each using the following method as i believe at least some of the hotels above have more amenities then you have included in your post:

• use this link to search HOTWIRE
  • from the search results page click the offer for this hotel
  • on the next page click BOOK NOW (no worries about purchasing by accident since no credit card information is entered up to this point)
  • on the left side of the page click the 'See all amenities' link

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thank you.

Click on Hotwire > Book now > Trip Summary > See all

Hotwire 4* Waikiki Beach - back to $245

Free Internet

Near Beach

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Hotwire 4* Waikiki Marina - $285

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Hotwire 5* Waikiki Beach - $345

Free Internet

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Based on these Hotwire prices. What would you suggest as a starting bid on priceline for a 4* Waikiki Beach? And a starting bid for 4.5* Waikiki Beach?

Is the '4.5*' on priceline bidding what was 'Resort'?

Based on these Hotwire prices. What would you suggest as a starting bid on priceline for a 4* Waikiki Beach? And a starting bid for 4.5* Waikiki Beach?

If you're intention is to first try bidding on PRICELINE, why don't we start there rather than taking the time now to research these HOTWIRE hotels, since these may not even be the same hotels offered if your bids fails and you're ready to consider any of these for purchase.

What do you want to try for first... do you want to first try for a 4.5* up to your maximum bid OR is the goal the least expensive 4* or better for this trip? For whatever star rating you decide you want to try for first, what is your maximum bid at this star level?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My intention is not necessarily to bid on Priceline, I may not have time to bid for 7/14. So am still considering hotwire if there is a good hotel on offer. That's why I would like help identifying the hotwire hotels.

If I was to bid on priceline I would like to try 4.5* first in Waikiki Beach or Waikiki Marina. What price do you think it would take for a win in this category? For my maximum I was trying to gauge off hotwire prices and make the max bid less than hotwire rates. I welcome your suggestions.

I would consider the $257 4.5* Priceline express deal if Modern Honolulu. Would this also be on offer if I bid in Priceline 4.5* Marina?

When I bid 4.5* Waikiki Marina 7/14-7/18 the following Guaranteed amenities: Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Guest Score 8/10 or Higher

Can you tell me what you think below HOTWIRE?

4-star Hotel in Waikiki Marina $255 90% recommended

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s).

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Golf Nearby

Tennis Nearby

Spa Services

Accessible for the blind

Accessible for the deaf

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Best guess for the Marina property on HOTWIRE would be a new amenity set for the Modern Honolulu.

I'm not currently seeing the 4* Waikiki Beach property above, i'm seeing a 4* hotel in this zone for $209/nite with:

Free Internet

Near Beach

Smoke Free

Fitness

Pool

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Golf

Blind Accessible

Deaf Accessible

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Wheelchair Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

... my best guess for this one would be the Hilton Waikiki Beach.

I'm not currently seeing any 5* hotels offered when searching HOTWIRE for your dates.

When I bid 4.5* Waikiki Marina 7/14-7/18 the following Guaranteed amenities: Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Guest Score 8/10 or Higher
The Modern Honolulu would seem like a likely outcome for this one and that would be my guess here, but this property has not yet been reported to the board thru PRICELINE EXPRESS.
I would consider the $257 4.5* Priceline express deal if Modern Honolulu. Would this also be on offer if I bid in Priceline 4.5* Marina?
When you bid on PRICELINE you have to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid... it may or may not be the same hotel offered thru PRICELINE EXPRESS. Each side of their service uses a different universe of hotels and some properties participate on one side of their service but not the other, and vice versa.
If I was to bid on priceline I would like to try 4.5* first in Waikiki Beach or Waikiki Marina.... For my maximum I was trying to gauge off hotwire prices and make the max bid less than hotwire rates.
Based upon the guesses and rates above, how high would you be willing to bid for a 4.5* property in the Waikiki Beach or Marina zones... OR do you want to know some of the amenities that the hotel you will be staying at offers and take a guess as to the property you'll receive, and go with one of the HOTWIRE or PRICELINE EXPRESS offers above?

Yes the other HOTWIRE 4* is gone, and the $209 now showing. The 5* is gone too.

To test it out, I just tried bidding for one night 7/14-7/15 4.5* Waikiki Marina with re-bid zones $195, $200, $215, $220, $225. No luck. Now have to wait 24 hours. (I saw someone won Modern $195 in April - 3 months ago)

If priceline express 4.5* Marina is $257 and likely Modern Honolulu, I am not sure how high I should bid next? ie. less than $257

And HOTWIRE 4* Marina is $155 likely Modern Honolulu.

I am not sure how high I should bid next? ie. less than $257

How high you bid next, and in what increments, will be determined by how high you're willing to bid given the alternative rates and hotels in others zones... at what point does bidding now make sense anymore and you just take one of the PRICELINE EXPRESS or HOTWIRE offer?

If you let us know your maximum bid we will suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Priceline express has 4.5* Waikiki Marina for 7/14-7/16 for $259/night.

I changed my dates to 7/14-7/16 on 'name your own price' and bid 4.5* Waikiki Marina $222 and received a counter offer to increase $60 to $282. If the winning price is somewhere in the middle ie. $252 it is a few dollars from the express deal. I declined and added re-bid zone and bid $229 rejected. Add re-bid zone $236 rejected. Add re-bid zone bid $240 received counter offer to add $42 to $282. Declined offer. Bid $243, $246 declined.

Bid $246 declined. Bid $249. Won the Modern Honolulu. 4.5* Express Waikiki Marina was $259 and Retail $329.

Option to extend stay at same rate.

Used the BB PRICELINE link to start.

On summary page amenities for 4.5* Waikiki Marina were listed as:

Indoor or Outdoor Pool, Pets Allowed, Restaurant, Free Internet, Business Center, Guest Score 8/10 or Higher

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]