Hotwire Hotel: 3* Harrisburg (Central) Holiday Inn Express East

ge0rgette2
By ge0rgette2,
in

Looking to bid on a Harrisburg/Hershey property for 7/18 thru 7/20.

Unsure if 2 1/2* is the way to go, maybe 3*

I'd like it to be clean lmao :) of course, this is what Priceline is giving me in Express Deals...

Harrisburg-Map it

save 15% or more+

$106

per night

What hotel?Guest Rating: 8.0

Includes FREE Breakfast, Internet and Parking

Harrisburg West-Map it

save 25% or more+

$70

per night

What hotel?

Includes FREE Internet and Parking

Bed choice available

What do you think?

what about this?

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

Check In: Thu Jul 18, 2013

Check Out: Sat Jul 20, 2013

Rooms: All rooms will accommodate up to 2 adults.

Choose Bed:

$70

per night 2 Double Nonsmoking Guest Room Fridge Microwve

OR THIS ONE

Harrisburg West

$85

per night

What hotel?Guest Rating: 9.0

Bed choice available

Sorry - that would have helped ;)

This is what I found today!

Harrisburg West- 3*

$70

per night

Bed choice available

Harrisburg- 3*

$120

per night

Harrisburg-2 1/2*

$108

per night

Guest Rating: 8.0

Harrisburg West- 2 1/2*

$77

per night

We will have 2 kids with us for a Hershey Park concert and would love a nice place with a pool, etc..

Unsure if breakfast is a concern...

Please note that PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. While this area is used to accommodating families and likely has a good percentage of rooms that accommodate quad occupancy, it's still a risk that you need to be aware of and willing to accept. If this is not acceptable, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

For the properties above, are those the complete set of amentiies associated with each property, as i did a quick PRICELINE EXPRESS search and i'm seeing more than 2-3 amenities for each of the 2.5*-3* properties in these zones.

Unsure if breakfast is a concern...

Please decide what is important to you for this stay as it will take awhile to research all four of the hotel above, and if FREE BREAKFAST is a requirement, we will restrict our search to only those hotels that offer this as an amenity.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I've been very lucky bidding in the past with PRICELINE regarding bed type ;) I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Breakfast isn't a priority --- amenities, like a pool, for the girls is one.

Also nice area, nice hotel with a clean review ;)

Maybe I'm misunderstanding how to list the amenities... I am seeing only those things when I hit on it - so maybe I am doing something wrong.

Can you advise please...

For each offer click the CHOOSE button (below the price). On the subsequent page see the 'Guaranteed Amenities'.

For example, this is what i'm currently seeing for the 3* Harrisburg West property:

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Restaurant

Airport Shuttle

Business Center

Fitness Center

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your room:

2 Double Nonsmoking Guest Room Fridge Microwv

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Internet

Swimming Pool

Free Parking

Pet Friendly

Shuttle

Gym

Restaurant

Business Center

Check-in:Thursday July 18, 2013

Check-out:Saturday July 20, 2013

Savings:Save over 25%*

Price:$76.00 per room, per night

Rooms:1

Nights:2

Taxes & fees:$24.06

That's what I c for 3*

PRICELINE EXPRESS is not currently using the PET FRIENDLY amenity so i'm not sure what browser you're using that is displaying that, but otherwise your amenity list and mine are identical... so these are the amenities that we are referring to.

My guess for this one would be the Park Inn By Radisson Harrisburg.

Hmm - using Safari on a Mac. Odd ... So, is that a nice place? :)

Okay- if I wanted like a Holiday Inn Express or something similiar ... what should I look up?

What about this for express bid - $85.00 2*

Guest Score: Rated 9.0out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Fitness Center

Maybe I'll go for this express deal ...

Star Rating:

Harrisburg West 2 1/2*

$84.00

Guest Score: Rated 7.0out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Fitness Center

Would love to get it less, but....

How about this? :)

YORK 2 1/2*

Guest Score: Rated 8.0out of 10 (or higher)

Guaranteed Amenities:

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Indoor or Outdoor Pool

Free Parking

Business Center

Fitness Center

I have been very very lucky in the past w/ my family... Canada, Florida... only did it a few times and got very lucky and hotels were great.

This time I'm going w/ my daughters friend and her Mom --- she's a bit picky LOL :) and left this up to me to book for a concert we are taking the girls too.

So, on that note... I'll just risk it, unsure if 'express' is the way to go or just bid and bite my tongue :D

Neither listing has been reported to the board - not sure what the Harrisburg West 2.5* may be, but I'd guess the Holiday Inn Express York and Holiday Inn Express York SE would be possibilities for the York 2.5*

When using name your own price for these date/s, I'm not seeing "breakfast" as a guaranteed amenity when looking to bid in either of these zone/s. Either of the Express deals offer breakfast, so if that's of importance, I'd go with the Express Deals. Lastly, 7.0/10 isn't exactly a great rating; the 8+ York rating starts to get into better territory as ratings go.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

York is about 25MI away from Harrisburg. If that is not acceptable, lets take York hotels out and focus on Harrisburg.

I'm seeing a 3* in Harrisburg West w/free wifi, pool, parking, pets allowed, restaurant, shuttle, business, fitness and bed choice - but no guest rating - for $76. I'd guess the Park Inn Harrisburg West may be a possibility in this case.

So it becomes this Harrisburg West property, a somewhat more expensive 2.5* w/breakfast in the Harrisburg West area. Looking again this morning, I'd gues the Holiday Inn Express in Enola may be a possibility and the Best Western New Cumberland may be a possibility.

Or, you can look at bidding which will likely be slightly-mildly cheaper tha PRICELINE EXPRESS Deals but you have to be willing to accept any property at the star rating chosen in the zone chosen.

Let us know your thoughts.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

If you start pursuing PL bidding, there are a couple precautions you can take.

You've already found the Hotel Lists. Using these, you can go down to the very last area on this site and see Hotel Reviews other members have submitted. You can make sure there isn't a particularly negatively reviewed hotel in your selected zone and star categories. Or in a higher star category, since there is always the possibility of an upgrade.

Then you can also check out the reviews on www.tripadvisor.com. A slightly different perspective, since these people may have paid full price. If the places also come off with a clean bill of health here, you have done your "due diligence".

You do have my sympathy as you are trying to book for somebody else, admittedly a bit picky. Not my favorite thing to do. In fact, if I can squirm out of it and let the pickiest person do the booking I usually do that.

My experience though with the 2 to 3* levels in smaller US towns has been really positive. Spotless places in which owners/workers clearly take pride.

Romelle

I'm looking again this morning.. i'm sure not much, if anything, has changed in regards to express deals.

Yes, staying with someone is hard... if it's dirty/untidy, then I feel bad... The 10yo's don't care though ... as long as they have a pool, etc.

York is about 25miles after a long concert might be a concern.

Let me look again now ;)

You don't want to stay in York, too far.

I would check HOTWIRE for 2 adults and 2 children in the East zone, just realize your dates include a Friday night stay, which is in higher demand than a midweek stay. Hotels west of the river can be a 20-25 minute drive to Hershey.

If you are looking for tickets, you might want to buy them at a Giant Food Store, here is a link. http://www.hersheypark.com/tickets/discounts/index.php

You will save $15 on an adult ticket, but only $2 on a junior or senior ticket. But the big benefit is walking right in and bypassing the big line of folks who are buying tickets. In the past, Hershey would admit ticket holders the evening before the day of your admission, after 7:00 pm. The park is cooler and the lines are shorter, so if your hotel is nearby, you can get in several rides. The downside is getting the tired kiddies up in the morning to do it again. Don't forget to take the chocolate tour, its kind of fun, and it will be air conditioned and at the conclusion, you can visit the store and get a chocolate fix.

Good luck!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]