Understanding priceline

Gurtej19
By Gurtej19,
in

Hi, Ive read lots and I can't seem to fully understand price line.

So once I enter a price I want to pay, then enter my card details, does it buy a ticket at that price right there and then? what is this bidding?.. like if I don't get a flight on the price I entered and don't want to pay more I lose my money?

This statement also confuses me; "If we find an airline that accepts your price, we'll immediately purchase your tickets using the payment information you provided."

because at the bottom of the page it says 'buy tickets now'

Sorry if Im missing something simple here!

Thanks a lot :)

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It sounds like you are looking bid for airline tix so i have moved your thread to the Airfare section of the board.

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll answer your questions above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

So once I enter a price I want to pay, then enter my card details, does it buy a ticket at that price right there and then? what is this bidding?.. like if I don't get a flight on the price I entered and don't want to pay more I lose my money?

This statement also confuses me; "If we find an airline that accepts your price, we'll immediately purchase your tickets using the payment information you provided."

Priceline only sells you a ticket if it "accepts" your bid price. If it doesn't find your bid acceptable, no charges are made.

Romelle

Please also click the links above if you have not gone to either site through that route yet. Thank you.

With PRICELINE, you are bidding. You enter in your desired bid (whether it be for hotels or airfare) and when you click to finalize the purchase, the service searches to see if your fare will be accepted. If not, then you are not charged and can try the same bid again for 24 hours.

This thread offers further details on both services: I've Never Used Priceline or Hotwire

If you need assistance with airfare, please provide the details of the trip - date/s of travel, desired budget and trip (destination, starting airport.)

Additionally, remember in terms of airfare bidding: "Your trip will start between 6am and 10pm on your travel dates. Although we always look for non-stop flights first, Priceline flights may make up to one connection each way. Your exact flights and times will be shown to you once your purchase is complete. We will issue convenient electronic tickets."

Please let us know if you have additional questions.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Ah! All makes sense now thank you very much y'all.

I was looking to fly from LHR to CHI 26th Aug 2013 and return 20th september 2013 (CHI-LHR)

Also then looking for CHI to RDU 31st Aug return 19th september (RDU-CHI)

Current retail is $819, wondering what the chances of getting it for less then $700?

Retail for RDU trip is $280, looking for $200?

Thanks!

See this Priceline Airfare Re-Bidding thread. Using the strategy there (see the first and second posts especially) you can get an almost unlimited number of re-bids... start at about half price and increase $5-$25 per re-bid, larger increments at the beginning bids when your chances of success are lower, smaller increments at the later bids when your bid price is higher and your chances of win are greater.

Also, just to clarify from your question(s) above...

After you submit your bid price and credit card details, if PRICELINE finds an airline to accept that price, then they purchase the ticket and you own it, then they tell you the flight details. (you don't get the flight details and then decide if you want it... once you're given the flight details you won the ticket already)

If PRICELINE can't find an airline to accept that price, you're credit card is not charged and that bid submission is 'expired' and you would need to place another bid to try again.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes or if you have any further questions regarding the above.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]