Denver 07/16-07/22 help

7Bartman
By 7Bartman,
in

Been unsuccessfully trying to rent a mid-size car from priceline. I started at $19 and I'm up to $31 with no success. I was perusing the hotwire site and saw some deals around ~14/day, but they were only about a week or two out. I think I might wait a bit to see if the prices come done. $31/day seems really high to me. I'm used to paying around 15-20 for a mid-size car.

DOLLAR rent a car on their website has a special to rent a mid-size SUV for $33.95 a day. This is the cheapest car rental I found for Denver as all the others were unusually high.

Thanks, that's a great tip. This is far lower than anything I've seen at Denver recently. It seems to be an especially pricey summer there.

They also have other variations such as a premium car for $32.99 a day, standard SUV or convertible for $45.99 a day.

Not yet. Thanks for the tips.

I'm looking for Denver July 18 - July 23. I have a Hertz reservation (mid-size) through my corporate discount for $289 total (including all fees). Priceline is not working ... giving a suggested bid of $79 for mid-size.

The best Hotwire price I'm getting is $535 total. This is really weird. I thought mt $289 was high, but apparently it's pretty good.

UPDATE -- I went with the DOLLAR SUV special. It ended up being $235 total for the 5 days. Thanks!!

--Evangelos

I'm looking for Denver July 18 - July 23. I have a Hertz reservation (mid-size) through my corporate discount for $289 total (including all fees). Priceline is not working ... giving a suggested bid of $79 for mid-size.

The best Hotwire price I'm getting is $535 total. This is really weird. I thought mt $289 was high, but apparently it's pretty good.

UPDATE -- I went with the DOLLAR SUV special. It ended up being $235 total for the 5 days. Thanks!!

--Evangelos

I went with the DOLLAR special as well. I got the premium special. Ended up around $257 for the week.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: SPRINGTRAVEL

(any Hotel, Car, or Flight where Coupon is accepted / max $60 discount... expires 03/24/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]