Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - Woodley Park) Palomar Washington Dc, a Kimpton Hotel

JF1980
By JF1980,
in

Looking to go to D.C. for the dates mentioned above. Preferably would like a outdoor pool. Comparing Express Deals on Priceline and also Hotwire. Need help trying to identify hotels. Before I ask about some particular hotels I see, is it known that a hotel may have amenities like a pool, but it isn't mentioned? Also, is there a place on this website where you are keeping track of amenities for Priceline Express Deals like you for your Hotwire lists?

On Priceline I am eyeing the Dupont Circle 4* with pool,restaurant, business center and fitness with 9.0 rating(i suspect this is Hotel Palomar or Omni)

I am also eyeing the Dupont Circle 4* with Internet, restaurant, business center and fitness and also bed choice(i think this may be the Marriot Wardman Park, but as my question above asked, this does not show a pool but the Marriot Wardman has one)

Also, i was looking back at old entries in the forum and it seems like every single Dupont Circle bidding win is for the Omni, the Hilton and the Marriot in this zone, which are probably my top 3 choices. So maybe bidding makes sense?!?!

On Hotwire the 3.5* in Georgetown/foggy bottom with pool, restaurant, high speed internet and kitchenette i suspect is the Embassy Suites

the 4* Dupont circle might be basically any hotel in that area. When I started to type this i really thought maybe it makes sense to book a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal, but now i really have myself leaning towards bidding to see if I can get something in the $70's or $80's per night. On the express deals, is the guest rating rounded? So if hotels are 8.9; 9.1 and 9.3, you won't see the 8.9??? Also how accurate is the save 35%, save 50%? I guess I have to talk to my wife to see what is more important, a pool, especially an outdoor one, or low price. I would definitely say my preferable choice is the Omni, the Marriot Wardman, and the Hilton.

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Priceline Atlantic City thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog

I'd start by determining your prioritie(s) for this trip... the lowest price or an outdoor pool (or any other factors important to you for this trip) priceline / PRICELINE EXPRESS will likely give you the lowest price for this trip, but you will be able to make a better guess as to the hotel offered thru HOTWIRE (which you can think of as the trade-off for knowing a little more about the hotel)

We have begun to offline keep track of the PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels reported to the board as we need to code the backend to allow for a hotel list to be created, as well as determine the best way to seamlessly incorporate the lists into the board. PRICELINE's user review rating figures shown on the PRICELINE EXPRESS side currently are presented in whole numbers only.

Let us know once you decide how you'd like to proceed with this stay and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

ok we decided we want to go the cheaper route which i assume is the Name your own price. For a 4 star in the Dupont Circle Woodley Park zone.

But before i start the bidding I want to ask you opinion on one thing. I have a 1 year old baby. Would any hotel give us a problem bringing a pack n play crib?

Would any hotel give us a problem bringing a pack n play crib?

Do you mean you bringing your own pack n play and the hotel having a issue with three guests in the room... or the hotel providing you a pack n play (or crib)

While possible that a hotel could give you a hard time with a 3rd guest (of any age) i am doubtful that would happen with a 1 year old and i think you should be fine if intending to bring your own pak n play. It's a risk i would be willing to accept and wouldn't be too much of a concern, but of course it's a risk you would need to be comfortable with.

If your question was in regards to the hotel supplying a pack n play, most have them (or some other type of bed for babies, such as a crib on wheels), but there are some that may not stock them or only have a limited supply onhand.

Let us know if the above answers your question and if you'd like to proceed with just the Dupont Circle zone or if any other are acceptable.... and confirm what star rating and maximum bid you'd like to use.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My question was about the hotel allowing us to bring a pack and play and having the 3rd person in the room. (Which you did answer) I hate the fact that I won't be able to use Priceline in future years when the child is older as I have liked Priceline better than Hotwire.

I am looking for the 4* Dupont Circle woodley Park ONLY. I would say the max would be about $90 to start before reevualtion. I say that becuase the Express Deals have the 5% coupon going on. Priceline charges the percentage in fees for both programs I assume, right?

The PRICELINE code SUMMER is good for both PRICELINE and PRICELINE EXPRESS.

When bidding 4* in the DC area you have NINE re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* Dupont Circle...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $70, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $73, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $78, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $80, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $83, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $85, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $88, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $90

Any questions feel free to ask.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

my last post above talks about me not wining my priceline bids from earlier today.

I was just on HOTWIRE, and there is a hotel i am interested in, but I can't figure out what it is Can you help?

for 8/10/13 -8/14/13, and these lists are from after picking hotel and using the link on the left hand side

Dupont Circle $99 - Pet friendly, Fitness center, restaurant, business center, high speed internet, deaf accessible, accessible path of travel, in room accessible, accessible bath, handicap parking, roll in shower and 95% recommended (where does this percentage come from???) It doesn't seem to be tripadvisor based on a few 4* comparisons I tried.

Lets talk about the PRICELINE EXPRESS deals for a second, do you agree that the $100 4* is most likely the Palomar? What about the 4* that is $110, what is your best guess for that one?

You'll need to include the zones and amenities as i don't know which properties you're referring to since this is the first reference i see to hotels that are priced at $100 and/or $110.

For the $100 and $110 Priceline express they are both in Dupont Circle

The $100 includes Pool restaurant business and fitness

The $110 includes Free internet restaurant business fitness and bed choice

and then there is the $99 Hotwire where i typed this last night: "Dupont Circle $99 - Pet friendly, Fitness center, restaurant, business center, high speed internet, deaf accessible, accessible path of travel, in room accessible, accessible bath, handicap parking, roll in shower and 95% recommended (where does this percentage come from???) It doesn't seem to be tripadvisor based on a few 4* comparisons I tried."

My guess for the $100 PRICELINE EXPRESS property would be the Palomar and for the $110 property my guess would be the Washington Marriott Wardman Park... i don't have a guess for the HOTWIRE hotel.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

actually hold on, not sure about doing the HOTWIRE.com , we realized it is a roll in shower. We preferably need a tub to bathe a 1 year old. If I do the name your own price, does the promo code SUMMER get put in after you win? Also i keep forgetting to tell you, it appears that your hotwire.com list for the White House zone doesn't work. I cannot view any of the possible hotels in the zone in your list.

To use the coupon code SUMMER:

1) after choosing your star rating, zones and bid price, you click a PREVIEW OFFER button

2) on the next page is a 'apply coupon' link where you would enter the code SUMMER

I just checked the hotel lists (both PRICELINE and HOTWIRE) and they are working fine on my end... you may need to refresh the page, try clicking CTRL + F5 on your keyboard at the same time (or close your current browser and re-access the Hotel Lists Home Page.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

$93 Palomar Washington DC 8/10/13-8/14/13

started bidding again today at $85 even though i stopped at $90 the other day. Did $85, $87, $89, $91, and won at $93

I know this is a highly rated hotel by tripadvisor, but was really hoping for the Omni, Marriot Wardman park or the Washington Hilton. Oh Well, i'm sure it will be fine, hopefully the room is big enough to fit the pack and play crib.

Thank you once again for all your help, i have always loved this website.

Congratulations on your success!

This is an excellent deal for this property. The Kimpton chain is known for customer service and i suspect that they will do whatever is necessary to ensure you have ample accommodations for your baby.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay.

I had a quick question, to continue the part about the baby. Do you think i should ask the hotel ahead of time about arranging the crib? If I tell them ahead of time, maybe they will see that a crib doesn't fit into their tiny Queen room of 285 sq feet and give me the next room size up of 500 sq feet. But it also gives them the opportunity of saying they don't want a pack and play in the room since i booked on PRICELINE.

Thanks,

Joe

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]