Priceline Hotel: Bar Harbor 8/23 - 8/25

cunparis
By cunparis,
in

We're going to spend 2 nights in Bar Harbor August 23 & 24th. I've never been. We're open to suggestions if we should stay in bar harbor or a cheaper area that's about 30 minutes away. Please let us know what we should try. We are 2 adults, 2 kids (5 & 7) and a 7 month old baby who will sleep in a portable fold-up baby bed.

Thanks

Are you searching for only one room? PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request. Is this a risk you're willing to accept? If not, HOTWIRE may still be an option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

Also, what is your target star rating and budget?

Let us know your thoughts and information above and we'll take it from there.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply, I didn't get an email that there was an update for some reason, I thought I was subscribed. Anyway, we just got back from a trip so we have to get this booked. Worst case the kids sleep on the floor. We don't mind about that. I was using hotwire to get an idea of prices so I haven't done any bidding yet at priceline. But we leave thursday for the new york part of our trip so we need to get this booked asap.

My mom (just 1 person) will now be joining us so we'll need two rooms. So I think we won't have any issues.

We're on a serious budget because we're on a 6 week trip. So as long as it's not dirty, we don't mind. Usually we stay in comfort inn / super 8 type hotels and they're fine. I don't know the bar habor area at all so it's best to book it now and not have to worry about it. I have no idea if this is high season or not.

This would be considered hi-season for the area as it's a coastal summer destination.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com what is the best rate you're able to find at an acceptable hotel for these dates? Using this as a benchmark what would you set your maximum bid to be?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

HOTWIRE doesn't have anything in our budget for Bar Harbor area (just a city 30min drive away).

PRICELINE gave lots of options. We reserved at quality inn with a refundable/cancelable reservation for $189. It is walking distance from town and has a pool, our main two criteria. If I bid on a hotel with priceline I'm afraid it'll be far from the town center and we'll have to drive. I have no idea if there is free parking in bar harbor or not, and if so it'll probably be crowded in the high season.

If I could get a great deal with bidding on PRICELINE then i'd be willing to sacrifice on distance, and probably get a better hotel. we need 2 rooms so the number of beds isn't a problem if we get stuck in a room with 1 bed.

how should I bid on this? I'm thinking of bidding say $150 for 2.5*. We have plenty of time now, our reservation is refundable until a few days before our arrival. So we have time to try and get a good deal.

Thanks

If you bid for a 2.5* and received a hotel that was not walkable to town and/or didn't have a pool, would the $40/nite difference in room rate be enough to 'compensate' you for the inconvenience? Assuming a 'worst case scenario' outcome... what price would the hotel need to be in order to make it worthwhile vs. your current back-up reservation?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the late update, I forgot to update it after our stay last year.

We kept the Quality Inn reservation (direct with hotel) for $189.  The hotel was not up to usual QI standards.  It was ok but for the price we were a bit disappointed.  However you're not paying for the quality of the room but the location.  We walked to town each day.  It was about 10 min walk and was very convienient.  The hotel pool was a bit cool but our kids had a lot of fun in it while my wife & I took advantage of the hot tub.  The pool was big.

Overall it was a good stay and I recommend it as long as you don't need a super room.  There were lots of bed & breakfasts across the street that were very nice.  I don't know how much they cost though.  If they were similar in price they would have been worth it.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]