CA Napa-Sonoma Doubletree Sonoma Wine Country Rohnert Park

AEmgee
By AEmgee,
in

Stayed at this hotel on September 19 for one night with a $46 bid.

I checked in very late at 9:00pm after driving in from Napa. The hotel is situated in Rohnert Park just off the I-101. It was easy to find. There is a manure smell in the air all around this area, although this was only outside and one gets easily accustomed to it. The hotel itself is large and attractive. There is ample free parking in front of the hotel.

I had called in advance asking for a king non-smoking room but was assigned a smoking room. Upon check-in, I asked to have this changed and was given an accessible king non-smoking room - room 379. I was given a warm Doubletree cookie as well. I offered my Hilton Hhonors number but was told that I would not get credit for the stay since I booked through Priceline.

The lobby had a bar and live piano music, as well as a one-computer "business center" (placed in the lobby - not a separate room). The computer was not functioning. I asked when it would be working again and was told "in a week, as the computer is toast". I said I wanted to check my email, and the nice front desk staff gave me a login and password for wireless Internet access - complimentary! (normally $9.95/24 hours).

When I got to the room (it was a long hike from the lobby as the property is quite spread out), the room key didn't work! I had to go back to the lobby and get this corrected. The login for wireless Internet also did not work, so I had to call and get a new login and password.

The room was spacious, nicely decorated, and overlooked a golf course. The bathroom was large and had nice earthy colors. There were Neutrogena toiletries and a hair dryer, as well as a coffee maker. The room had a nice mirror sliding closet door with an iron and board inside the closet. The bed was very comfortable with nice soft down covers and many soft pillows.

I had a quick tour of the grounds in the morning. The outdoor swimming pool and hot tub were small but looked clean. The fitness center had free weights and some exercise machines. I did not use any of the facilities as I did not stay long at thie hotel.

This was my third stay at a Doubletree and I have been very impressed with the staff and the properties. I would say this particular Doubletree is better than the average Priceline 3*, and would classify it as more of a 3.5*. At $46 this hotel was a true bargain and I would not hesitate to stay at this property again if in this area. Speaking of which, there is a Japanese restaurant about 1 mile away called Ta Ke Sushi that is excellent, and the shopping at nearby Petaluma Premium Outlets is good as well.

• 2 years later...

This was our third time to stay at this property. Last year, I believe we paid about $79/night via Hotwire. This was a busy weekend and we could not find any deals, so we did a prepaid rate of $119/night (weekend). This is a good base if you plan to visit different parts of the wine country. It's only a 5-10 minute drive to Santa Rosa which has a few upscale restaurants, couple of good brewpubs. The hotel lobby is nice, small but neat bar with flat screen TV, D - the bartender takes care of you. The rooms are in need of some attention. While still OK, the A/C did not work very well and was a litlle noisy, the small in room refrigerator is noisy and cycles on and off - we unplugged it. Shower was a little noisy and had fine line between hot/cold. Other than these few issues, it is a decent place to stay and much lower priced than other area or wine country properties.

• 1 year later...

June 1-4th ............$45per.

Great place. Very nice lobby. Two internet stations free 10 minutes online.

Free lobby wireless.

Two golf courses across street. Walking distance.

Easy on/off freeway.

Pool is adequate but think in summer when hotel is full it would be WAY too small.

Up scale rooms...........flat screen...great bed and pillows.

Definately stay again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]