Priceline Hotel: 4* NYC Empire State Building area - 10/4 & 10/5 Strategy?

hotelfinder
By hotelfinder,
in

4* NYC Empire State Building area - 10/4 & 10/5 Strategy? When is a good time to begin bidding for this timeframe? I'd be open to other less expensive areas of NYC if a subway ride is within 10 minutes to Grand Central Station. I've stayed at St Giles - The Court (labled 4*) and it was nice (boutique) but certainly not a full service type of place like a Hyatt -- I'd stay here again but I'm concerned about the 4* rating which could drive the price.

Thanks for your direction. I will click on PRICELINE link now.

Yes, open to MTE, MTW, TS. TS if reasonable and high quality only.

When bidding on PRICELINE there is no check box for 'high quality only' :P ... you are either comfortable receiving any 4* hotel in the zone or you're not. If you need to know more about the hotel you may be receiving you should use HOTWIRE where you can take a guess as to what hotel is being offered (or gain more insight based upon the TA reviews shown, previous HOTWIRE guests satisfaction levels, etc)

With the above noted, at current rates your budget is not likely enough... a 4* in the zones you're bidding will be closer to $200 than $160.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll advise accordingly.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 months later...

Check-in 10/3

3 night stay

Check-out 10/6

I found this deal on HOTWIRE @ $233/night plus tax.

Can you determine which hotel this is?

3.5-star Hotel in Midtown Central

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Pet friendly, Boutique Hotel, Fitness Center, Restaurant(s), Business Center

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

I believe there are more amenities then what you have posted above as HOTWIRE has a new interface that does not show the complete set of amenities unless you click thru a few extra links.

If you repeat your search using our BiddingHelper.com tool, and then click the HOTWIRE EASY VIEW tab, do you also see a Hi-Speed Internet amenity listed for this property?

If so, my best guess for this one would be the Hudson Hotel (which is well located but has notoriously small rooms)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I currently have booked 3N checkin 10/3 and checkout 10/6 LIC Country Inn & Suites @ $200 Plus Tax per night. (good deal but want Manhatten) This can be cancelled.

Available on Hotwire Secret hot Rate MTE 3.5* 3N checkin 10/3 and checkout 10/6 $217 plus tax per night.

Amenities:

Indoor pool(s), Fitness Center, Pool(s), Restaurant(s), Business Center, High Speed Internet, Tennis Nearby. 90% recommended.

I've been told this might be the UN one.

I prefer MTE minumum 3.5 star at a rate of maximum $217 but would like to try priceline bidding.

Can you help with a bidding strategy without an alternative area other than our preferred MTE min 3.5*?

Can you help with a bidding strategy without an alternative area other than our preferred MTE min 3.5*?
Not sure i understand what you're asking here... you only want MTE at the 3.5* level?
Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.
3x

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links before replying.

Thanks.

There are no re-bid zones available when bidding 3.5* in NYC so if you're only looking to bid this one zone there really isn't too much of a strategy that you can employ... i'd bid $180 for a 3.5* hotel in MTE and increase by $10 every 24 hours until you reach the $238 rate that HOTWIRE is currently showing (assuming that property stays available at this price over the 3-4 days that you're bidding on PRICELINE)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know how it goes.

I've since checked back with HOTWIRE and the $205 ESB 4 star 95% rating is gone. I missed it. If it was the Kitano then the location would've been ideal as it's very close to Grand Central Station. Oh well.

I think this may still be available for your original dates of 10/4-10/6... is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? (and looking at the solo nite of only 10/3 i see something Downtown for $202/nite if you're able to make this location work for just the first nite of your stay)

Last Priceline Bid NYC 3.5 Star checkin 10/3 checkout 10/6 MTE @ $210 -- failed. Priceline offered a one time no change of dates or zones and upping my bid to $267 -- I chose to pass on this offer.

Next attempt $220

Can you identify:

Hotwire Secret Rate NYC 3 Star ESB @ $215 3N checkin 10/03 and checkout 10/6

Amenities: Free Internet, Smoke Free Rooms, Business Center

Accessibility: Path of Travel, Wheelchair, Roll in shower, In room access, accessible bathroom

95% recommended rating.

The Hilton Garden Inn New York West 35th Street would be my best guess for the HOTWIRE property above.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Keep us updated on your progress and let us know what you ultimately decide or if we can be of further help.