Priceline Hotel: 4* Bangkok (Sukhumvit) Golden Tulip Sovereign Hotel Bangkok

Johngo
By Johngo,
in

I tried bids of $43, $46, and $48 in Siam/Sukhumvit for a 4*, to no avail.

I was then offered a couple of express deals in Sukhumvit for $51 and $52.

The $52 offer was displayed as a Guest Rating of 9.0 and "Guest Favorite", which persuaded me to take the offer, but as it turns out, only one person rated this hotel. Not sure how it can be a Guest Favorite, with only one review. Kinda disappointed there.

I was hoping the hotel was near MRT/BTS, but it looks like it's 1km away. Not quite was I was hoping for, but should be ok.

I used the BetterBidding PRICELINE link.

One positive thing to consider is that my bid at $48 per night, included some fees that were not in the $52 express offer, so the express offer taxes were $20 less for my stay. On top of that, PL was offering a 5% coupon for express offer purchase, which saved me another $15. As such, the total cost of the $52/night offer, was less than the $48/night bid (after taxes/fees were added).

Compared to publicly available reservations, I saved about $100 or $16 per night.

Congratulations on your success!

While not the hotel you were hoping for, glad to see you're able to make this work for your needs.

Thank you for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your purchase, helping us add this property to the Priceline Hotel List.

Do you recall the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS associated with this property?

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I don't remember exactly - I seem to recall swimming pool and free internet.

As others have commented, the hotel rooms have a musty smell, and the air conditioning struggles to keep up (common in the area). The safe is not large enough for a laptop, but is fine for everything else.

I've also disposed of a couple cockroaches (12th floor) since my arrival, but again, not uncommon in these climates.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]