Priceline Hotel: Bellevue 28/6-1/7 NO WIN experience

LTtravel2
By LTtravel2,
in

Here is an update for what we will do for our trip to Seattle June 28-July 1.

Not sure if I am posting in the right place and this is sort of a continuation of an earlier thread in General Priceline Tips. I wanted to share my experience even though my bids were not approved.

We ended up not winning a hotel with PRICELINE but booked at Hilton Bellevue directly for $99/night. We started that search by using the Support page.

Hilton's new parking fee ($15) is annoying but we can park with friends.

We were bidding at 3+ hotels in Bellevue and started off with $45/night (very low I know but you got to start somewhere :) ) and went up to $75 one dollar at the time using your described rebidding strategy. Last bid was 4 nights before check-in. Priceline did not even counteroffer any of the bids so I assume the accepted offer would be much higher.

Prices seemed to be a little higher this past weekend, we ended up paying $72 for a 3* hotel on priceline (Bellevue Coast Hotel), as with the Hilton, we enjoyed their outdoor pool, along free wifi, fridge, free parking and continental breakfast, well worth it. It's too bad that the Hilton now charges for parking, but with that massive parking area, taxes must be high. We also stopped bidding on 3.5 * as you could find yourself out at the Silver Cloud Bellevue - Eastgate, away from everything.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]