Hotwire Hotel: 4* Chicago (Magnificent Mile North - Water Tower) Allerton Crowne Plaza

joanng
By joanng,
in

I have been bidding for 4 and 4 1/2 star hotels for the last week. I'm pretty sure the McCormack area increased for 3 1/2 to 4 stars last week, and today the Lincoln Park has 4 star and O'Hare South has 4 1/2 star.

I am trying to win NMA/RN for 4 1/2 or 4 star for 7/3-7/6. No luck up to $106 for 4 1/2 and $86 for 4 star.

Am I just bidding too low? Do you have any suggestions?

Can you help ID these 4* hotels on Hotwire?

DT/MP/GP $104

Indoor pool, fitness center, pools, restuarant, business, Hi speed access, tennis nearlby, spa, accessible for blindm deaf, path of travel,inroom accessibility, accessible BR and roll in shower 95% recommended

MM/RN $106

Boutique, smoke free, fitness center, business, restaurant, Hi-speed, Acc blind, path of travel, in room acc, acc BR, handicap parking, and roll in shower. 90% recommended

MM/WT $105

Smoke free, fitness, restuarant, business, Hi speed, acc. blins, acc. deaf, path of travel, in room acc, acc BR, handicap parking and roll in shower. 75% recommended

Thank you

As you so far have only bid up to $86 for a 4* hotel on PRICELINE (and only in the NMA-RN zone), are you willing to pay $100+ for a 4* on HOTWIRE (and/or consider the Downtown-Millennim Park zone)... or will you first try bidding higher for a 4* on PRICELINE in the NMA-RN zone?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am willing to pay $110 or even a little more if I have a reasonable expectation of the HW hotel, as I want to avoid Allerton, Drake and Raffaello. If there is little certainty of the hotel, I prefer to take my chances on PL, and hopefully pay a little less. (Plus, 5% coupon on PL--I finally found it with your help).

The MP/GP zone would be OK on HW, if little chance of getting the Blackstone, but that's a little more iffy on PL.

I suspect the MP/GP for $104 is the Hyatt. If you agree, I might just take that.

I am even open to 3 1/2 star in either area, if you see something I'm missing. I just do not want to get a small dark room, or full size/small queen bed, since we will be spending 3 days there.

Thank you very much for sharing your wisdom and the earlier suggestions about PL bidding

4* Mag Mile-RN - possible match for the Hotel Sax, Hotel Palomar or Hotel Felix. I'd guess the Sax is most likely, but be willing to accept any of the 3.

4* Mag Mile N-WT - Westin Michigan Ave would be a possibility. I don't think it would be the Allerton back at the 4* level, as that was only recently downgraded to 3.5*.

4* Downtown-Grant Park - This listing has not yet been ID'd/reported to the board. I'd guess a new amenity set for the Hilton may be a possibility.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Ugh!! Looks like The Allerton is back up to 4 star. Well at least it has a great location and some find it charming.

I'll hope for a true queen size or king bed.

I did try bidding PL NMA/RN 4 1/2 star up to $116 yesterday and $112 today with no luck.

Bid through the link on your site.

Even though I'm a little disappointed, I appreciate your help and love your site.

Thanks

Sorry to see you're disappointed with the outcome, but hopefully the location will make up for any shortcomings.

It's not clear from your post, can you please add a reply to this thread confirming if this was a winning PRICELINE bid (OR was it actually a HOTWIRE purchase)?

Thanks for using the board links for your purchase and sharing your win.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

This was a Hotwire purchase.

I should have labeled it MagMileNorth-WaterTower. It was identical amenities to the 4 star MMN-WT listed in my earlier post for $105, but down to $101 this morning, and I'd guess, now showing for $111. (Maybe I saved $10/nt)

I'll smile at check in, compliment the "beautiful Northern Italian Renaissance architecture" and ask for an upgrade.

I did not bid on PL for 4 star, but suspect I would have gotten the very same hotel.

Sorry to hear that the result was a disappointment. Hopefully you'll get a larger room with a view of Michigan Ave. This property is in a terrific location, as well.

Thank you for letting us know about the change in star rating so that we can update the site's Hotwire Hotel List.

Thank you for sharing your win and please use the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]