Boston to Barcelona 7/2 - 7/11 or 7/12

goblue1998
By goblue1998,
in

Hello,

Lifelong Wovlerine looking for guidance on a flight from Boston to Barcelona next week, preferably departing July 2 and returning July 11 or 12. (In fact I can't be too much more flexible than that.)

Kayak shows both date combinations hovering around $1350, though they're currently advising buyers to "Wait" with 60-80% confidence. There appears to be a lot of inventory.

I don't need to take this trip, but I'd like to. I'd particularly like to go if I get a fab fare. (In fact I'd go to any other major European city, except perhaps Paris as well.) I'd like to get well under $1000. What are your thoughts? Is it crazy to try for $600 or $700?

Thanks!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please start by reading your messages and clicking each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links... then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

PS- GO BLUE!

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Using the technique in the first and second post of this Priceline ReBidding Airfare thread you have an unlimited number of re-bid zones when bidding on airfare.

You could start low in the $600-$700 area (which has a very low chance of success) and gradually increase $10-$25 per re-bid... larger increments near the beginning when odds of a win are low and smaller dollar increments as you get closer to your maximum bid and as the odds of success increase.

Feel free to ask any questions and please use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links for all your bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Good luck... keep us updated on your progress and let us know if we can be of any further help along the way.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The infinite re-bidding possibility on airfare is the best thing I've learned in a long time. Thank you. I bid quite a bit and was continually offered blind tickets for around $1350. They just weren't budging. In the end I booked with Delta for the miles and for the certainty of desirable flights...$1392. Much more than I wanted to spend, but I think I recovered some on a great Hotwire hotel deal, the details of which i have posted in the hotel forum. And yes, I clicked on your HOTWIRE link! Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]