Priceline Hotel: 4.5* Palm Springs (Rancho Mirage - Indian Wells - Palm Desert) Desert Springs a JW Marriott Resort and Spa Palm Desert

cruzio2k
By cruzio2k,
in

I just used the PRICELINE link to check Priceline's website and they only show (1) 4.5* resort in this zone as well. Really then, it seems like if I want to stay there, I can bid at 4.5 stars and basically know for sure I will get the Marriott Desert Springs. Seems too easy...am I missing something?

I'm nervous about it because I see no commentary on the forum about 4.5* wins in this region.

Any thoughts on the above?

I'd love to get some feedback as I'm hoping to book tonight for a room the week of July 12. I would like to get July 11, 12 and 13 and am worried they will sell out or something. I put those dates into the Priceline Express Deal (of course I used the PRICELINE link in the top right) and the 4.5* hotel was no longer available. If I take the 13th out, it comes back. Does this mean that if I bid for those 3 nights, I won't get it because discounted rates aren't available for the 13th?

Thank you,

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Based on your Priceline hotel list, there is only (1) 4.5* star hotel in this zone: Desert Springs A Jw Marriott Resort and Spa Palm Desert. If I buy this express deal, am I guaranteed to get this resort?
No, see the comments at the top of the Priceline hotel list.
I can bid at 4.5 stars and basically know for sure I will get the Marriott Desert Springs. Seems too easy...am I missing something?
The 'retail', bidding, and PRICELINE EXPRESS sections of priceline all use a different universe of hotels and inventory, so while the JW Marriott may be the most likely outcome, you're not bidding on only this hotel and you could land something new that has not yet been reported to the board in the zone.
I put those dates into the Priceline Express Deal (of course I used the PRICELINE link in the top right) and the 4.5* hotel was no longer available. If I take the 13th out, it comes back. Does this mean that if I bid for those 3 nights, I won't get it because discounted rates aren't available for the 13th?
I would say that your odds are lowered, but as per above, different inventory is used for each so i wouldn't exclude it entirely from the possibilities.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and we'll try to be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

My goal is to get the Marriott for those nights I listed. What would you recommend I do?

With PRICELINE there is no way to bid for, or target, a specific property... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid. Is this acceptable?

What is your maximum budget per nite? (before fees/taxes) Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? (and possibly stay at a different hotel the last nite of your trip?)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

With PRICELINE there is no way to bid for, or target, a specific property... you need to be willing to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) that you bid. Is this acceptable?
Yes

What is your maximum budget per nite? (before fees/taxes) Is SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID an option? (and possibly stay at a different hotel the last nite of your trip?)

Probably about $80/night. Yes, willing to split.

When bidding 4.5* you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

(NOTE: 're-bid zone1' is not the same as priceline's Zone1, 're-bid zone2' is not the same as priceline's Zone2, etc, etc)

Select 4.5* Rancho Mirage...

Bid $65, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $70, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE...

Select 4.5* Rancho Mirage and re-bid zone2...

Bid $75, if rejected add re-bid zone1...

Bid $80

I would try the above first for your complete stay of 7/11-7/14, then if rejected and you are willing to SPLITTING YOUR PRICELINE BID, close the browser, use a board link to re-access PRICELINE, and repeat for 7/11-7/13.

If the above (for 7/11-7/13) is rejected you may want to consider just taking the 4.5* on PRICELINE EXPRESS for $92 - 5% SUMMER Coupon = $89/nite.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Haha! Worked almost exactly as you recommended Thereuare. Of course I used the PRICELINE link to start my bidding and for every rebid.

I bid starting at $80 for all 3 nights (6/11-6/14) and did rebids up to $95 with no success. I then changed dates to (6/11-6/13). I started bidding at $65 (increasing in increments of $5) and at $75, they offered me $96. I used my last rebid at $81 and totally won! 2 nights at the "Desert Springs A Jw Marriott Resort And Spa Palm Desert", which is kind of what I wanted all along.

Its the only 4.5* listed on Priceline's site for Palm Springs area and that's what I got, so if you want that hotel, it seems like a pretty good bet that you might get it if you bid using 4.5* and a set of nights that they also offer you a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal for. I don't think I won my first round of bidding because they weren't offering me a PRICELINE EXPRESS Deal with the Saturday added. Very interesting to see how this all works. Anyway, lots of Fun! Thanks for all the Help THEREUARE.

Now I just have to figure out what to do for the last night... the JW Marriott doesn't seem to be available at all for that Saturday on priceline's site. Any suggestions? Maybe I'll try for something in downtown Palm Springs...

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results.

For the additional nite you can wait a week to see if any availability opens at this property and then try to extend your stay OR bid for an additional nite... then if not successful look at another zone or lower your star rating for this zone. For help with, or to report a win for, this additional nite please start a NEW TOPIC.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding.

Enjoy this leg of your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]