Priceline Hotel: Jersey City October 2013

Ronniemacd
By Ronniemacd,
in

Just tried to book 3* or higher for Jersey City in October with no luck, seems like others had luck last October with the Westin (4*) there for about $100. I wonder why I can't get it now? I went to $120 and down to 3*, no go. I usually do Long Island City and use the subway to Manhattan but this time I thought Jersey City would be a nice change and I want to be near the PATH stations or Hoboken Station in Jersey.

Any Suggestions?

I usually do Long Island City and use the subway to Manhattan...

Assuming you make your LIC purchases thru PRICELINE or HOTWIRE it would be appreciated if you started to share your winning bids with the board so that others can benefit from the information.

In reference to your trip above, what are the actual date(s) of your stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Sorry I think the last time I went to LIC I booked direct as the PL price was only $20 in the difference. I will be sure to post anything new.

My dates are 18 October to 22 October and I am flying into Newark. Doing a lot of research and a lot people got the 4* Westin for $100 last year in October. I tried 3* at $120 today, no luck dont want to spend much more cause I know I can get something good in LIC for about $100 or less. I might try the 2* Candlewood in Jersey city starting at around $80 reviews are good and its close to the PATH.....any suggestions?

Few factors as play...

Rates are date specific so you can't always compare one year to the next and expect to duplicate the same results. For instance, this area is somewhat price sensitive to local meetings and conferences in the immediate area (there are a lot of banks and financial institutions in the area)... there could have been no meetings/conferences last year which made rates low whereas there may be meetings this year which are driving rates higher at this point in time.

Using MAPS and HOTELS.com and filtering for 4* hotels in this zone shows the least expensive 4* property currently priced at $259/nite, making your $120 bid less than half of prevailing rates, which does not give you the highest probability of success.

As well, using the Priceline and Hotwire Calendar of Wins and seeing the $100 wins they were for weekend nites only, and this area often has rates go higher Mon-Thur nites (given the price insensitive business clientele that they serve midweek)

With all of the above noted, it is 4+ months ahead of your stay and hotels may just not be discounting too deeply this far ahead of your stay... you can try to find a fully refundable back-up and continue to try and hope for lower prices in the weeks/months ahead.

Lastly, i'll note that we don't see the Candlewood Suites won very often, and of all the 'known' hotels in the area, it is the further from a PATH station.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the info, I think I'll keep on eye on it over the next few months. My backup plan will be either to big North Bergen or LIC later on (late aug or early sept) neither of which seem to vary in price all that much, last time I had the Fairfield in LIC for $80 which was great. In doing some research it seems that downtown Newport/Jersey City seems to be really nice with great views of Manhattan, and the conveniecne and cheap cost of the PATH makes it desireable and a lot nicer than Queens/LIC which in my view is not really a great place to be but just a place to rest your head while visiting NYC. North Bergen is close and cheap too but I am not a big fan of the bus...prefer train/subway.

Stay tuned!..

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]