Hotwire Hotel: 4.5* Santo Domingo Hostal Nicolas De Ovando Santo Domingo -Mgallery Collection

KOCOLIZA
By KOCOLIZA,
in

Hello All! I just want to say this forum is awesome...

anyways, anyone have a guess on my two options:

Santo Domingo Hotel 3* @ $37.00

amenities:

Free Internet

<amenity names only please... not descriptions>

Smoke Free Rooms

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

Guestrooms are equipped with high-speed Internet access; an extra charge may apply.

Accessible path of travel

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

OR

Santo Domingo Hotel 4* @ $54.00

amenities

Free Parking

Free Internet

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Also, do you think I could get a cheaper price on the same by bidding on Priceline?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to BetterBidding! (and thanks for the compliments on the site :) )

Please reply with the dates of your stay and we'll have a look at the offers above.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Thanks.

PS- if you haven't yet, please read your messages before replying. Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

For the 3* is this the actual list of amenities:

Free Internet

Smoke Free

Restaurant

Business

Hi-Speed Internet

Travel Accessible

Room Accessible

Bathroom Accessible

Handicapped Parking

Roll-in Shower

If so best guess for this property would be the Mercure Comercial Santo Domingo.

Best guess for the 4* would be the Hotel Frances Santo Domingo.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know what you decide and how it goes or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I supposed that is the actual list for the 3* yes. Sorry about that. If it is the Mercure I dont want to take the risk because I do not like the location of it.

Now, for the Hotel Frances, do you think I might get a better price by bidding on Priceline?

Thanks in advance!

...for the Hotel Frances, do you think I might get a better price by bidding on Priceline?

You can't bid on a specific hotel when using PRICELINE, you have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star level (or higher) that you choose. So while you may be able to get a better price for a 4* hotel on PRICELINE, there is no telling which 4* hotel in the zone you will receive.

This is often the trade-off between PRICELINE and HOTWIRE... while both usually offer very good deals, PRICELINE is often a little cheaper then HOTWIRE, but the latter gives you the ability to take a guess as to the hotel being offered and/or gives you user review information about the property which could give you a bit more comfort when buying an opaque property.

Let us know how you'd like to proceed and/or how it goes or if we can be of further help.

• 3 months later...

I was just looking on HOTWIRE today.

Santo Domingo

dates 10/9 - 10/20

3.5 * for $42

Free Parking

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

I think this might be Hotel Santo Domingo. Do you agree?

Santo Domingo

dates 10/9 - 10/20

4* for $67

Free Parking

Free Internet

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

HOTEL FRANCES??

I am looking everyday as I would like to get a deal for the Hilton, but am not sure if that is it.

The Hilton has never been reported to the board thru HOTWIRE so it will not be easy to identify, but with hotel direct rates of $159/nite for your dates, i don't think it would be either of the above at $42 and $67 respectively.

Is the Hilton the only hotel you're willing to accept? At what point do you decide to book direct and get the hotel you want vs. book something opaque at a discount?

At this point, I'm willing to go for anything 3.5*+ that's not in the Colonial Zone and that is not Hotel Jaragua, and I'ts under $70 p/n

I was looking at the secret deals because I am assuming I can get a much better deal that way. Im undecided on bidding on priceline because I don't want to get Hotel Frances or Nicolas de Ovando, which are both in the Colonial Zone.

I'm currently seeing a different 3.5* property that is appearing with NO AMENITIES but i don't have a guess for this one... i agree that the best guess for the 4* property would be the Hotel Frances Santo Domingo.

If you can stretch your budget to $94 HOTWIRE has a 4.5* property which i am guessing to be the Hostal Nicolas Ovando which has an impressive 4.5/5.0 rating on Tripadvisor.

• 2 years later...

Thank you for closing this thread with your results and sharing your win with the board.

Please remember to follow-up your threads with your results/decisions as you receive them so that the information can best help others in a timely manner.

Hope you enjoyed your stay.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]