Priceline Hotel: 3* Philadelphia (Trevose - Bensalem) Innplace Hotel Bensalem

Pluto123
By Pluto123,
in

I will be coming to the east coast to pick up my daughter at Newark Liberty Airport in mid July. (She is returning from a trip to Europe.) My thoughts right now are that we would like to visit a few sites in Philadelphia for about a day before going to Northern Virginia. My questions are:

- What are the best places to look for a hotel in the Philadelphia area? I'm looking for something in the $45-$60 a night range. I would like a free breakfast and free parking. Also looking for a safe area, prefer the suburbs.

- I could also stay in the Trenton area if if I were more likely to score a better deal as far as price.

- Or is it reasonable to take the train to the Newark airport from the Philadelphia area (if not too expensive)?

I'm unfamiliar with this area and any help is appreciated! Thank you.

What are the actual dates of your trip?

You can't ensure breakfast or free parking with PRICELINE's NYOP, you would be better off searching HOTWIRE and/or PRICELINE EXPRESS to see what is offered within your budget.

The 'best' area to stay in would be Downtown, but you won't find free parking there, so you need to make a trade-off between convenience and your budget.

If you plan ahead i think the train from EWR --> Philadelphia is about $40/ow... and there are also buses (Bolt Bus and MegaBus are two) that can get you between NYC and Philadelphia for cheap.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

The date would be checking in on July 9th and probably out on July 10th. When you say the best area to stay in is Downtown, is that because it's near the sights? I prefer to be in the suburbs, even if it is less convenient for sightseeing. I also think it's more expensive downtown from what I've seen. Is there one suburban area that would be cheaper than another and still safe? I would also consider the NJ suburbs of Philadelphia.

The train looks like it would be too expensive. Would most likely drive.

Greetings, I believe you will have to increase your hotel budget for this trip. A suburb close to Phladelphia would be the Cherry Hill, NJ area, however you will still be as much as 30 minutes away with traffic. I would suggest that you check the Old City zone in Philadelphia, I am a fan of the Holiday Inn or the Sheraton as they are well located to the Historic area of the City and you could walk to the sights and just park your car. Center City East is also a good location as well. You will have to pay for parking with just about every Philadelphia hotel with the possible exception of those in the City Line zone. The Philadelphia Parking Authority owns and operates several lots and parking decks in the city, just google this agency and you will see if there is a lot close to your hotel. If you are a fan of Art, the Philadelphia Art Museum would take up an afternoon and the newly located Barnes Foundation has an impressive collection of works that you won't see anywhere else in the world.

Thanks for the reply Dahammer and Thereuare! I have been busy the past few days getting our daughter ready for her trip to Europe, so everything else has sort of taken a back seat! But I do appreciate the input. I have read TripAdvisor reviews for one of the hotels that people seemed to be getting a lot, and they were very mixed. One person recently had something taken out of their room, and the parking sounded dicey too. Just not sure about the whole downtown thing. The Cherry Hill area is one I may have to keep in mind. I have to admit, I was not planning on $80 a night for a hotel. i was definitely hoping for something cheaper with free parking. I'll keep you posted once I make up my mind! Thanks again.

• 11 months later...

I got a room on Price.line for one night (check in July 10 and out July 11).  The hotel was the Innplace Hotel Bensalem, in Bensalem, PA.  I got the hotel on first bid for $56 (taxes and fees $66.17).   Sorry this is so late!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]