Priceline Hotel: 4* Minneapolis - St. Paul (Bloomington West - Mall of America Area) Hilton Minneapolis Bloomington

little.miss.sunshine
By little.miss.sunshine,
in

Started bidding at $50, denied.

$52 denied.

$54 accepted.

I've stayed at this property before, originally it was rated at a 3.5 on Priceline but it must have recently changed to a 4*.

I'm overall happy. It's a newer property and definitely nicer than the older, outdated Doubletree (3*) in the same area that I got for $41 in March and since then decided not to bid on any hotels less than a 4*.

Do you think this is a good deal for this property?

Always use the PRICELINE link.

Could someone tell me why the bar changes daily for the same dates? Yesterday I tried the exact same zone, dates, etc, and the bar started at $48 while in previous days it started at $54. Could I have been better off bidding lower today? Is this new bar a hint that a lower bid may be accepted for this property? Any input?

Thanks!

Congratulations on your success!

Thanks for using the PRICELINE links on the board to begin your bidding :)

I can't say why the amount change but don't pay attention to the pre-set amount in the bar. Just highlight it and delete the amount and start bidding at the level you're comfortable with. And I don't belive that the amount is a hint that you can get a property at a lower price than the pre-set one.

We hope you're satisfied with the outcome and will like the Hilton.

Enjoy your stay.

Yellowdog.

Wow I feel super dumb!! I am not new to Priceline or the use of reading these boards to see what hotel I may receive and what to bid, but I am definitely new to the re-bid zones. I will be SURE to use this board again the next time I bid especially if I have to add re-bid zones as this concept is still foreign to me and it is actually quite confusing for a newbie. Thankfully, I have always been lucky with my bids and outcomes but it's annoying waiting 24 hours.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]