Hotwire Hotel: 2.5* Breckenridge - Silverton Frisco hotel

angelsteps51
By angelsteps51,
in

This hotel is listed on HW for $85. I am trying to figure out which it might be. Here are the amenities. I did click on the links...hopefully I did that correctly.

2.5-star Hotel in Silverthorne - Frisco

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Suite

Indoor pool(s)

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Business Center

Laundry Facilities (self-service)

I can't get the same hotel to appear on my standard search for 2 adults. How many rooms/adults/children did you search for? Can you please run a new search and confirm that you still can see this hotel on your search.

I see a 3* $82 but I don't get any result for a 2.5*

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

I would like a pricing strategy for a hotel for the dates of 8/7-8/10 (3 nights) in the Frisco area, or possible Breckenridge. We would prefer to stay under $100 if possible! Also, and I know you can't choose amenities, but we would really like a pool and so maybe I should shoot for 3-4 stars. Would love an input.

Can you please further reply to your Dallas hotel thread clarifying if you booked direct (or if it was a PRICELINE or HOTWIRE purchase).

For this Colorado trip, did you want to first try for a 4* up to your $120 limit, then if rejected try for a 3.5*... OR is the goal the least expensive 3.5* or better for this trip?

Please clarify and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...so maybe I should shoot for 3-4 stars.

I hadn't checked the star rating(s) myself yet... was only going by your original post.

Currently there are not any 3.5* hotels in the Dillon-Silverthorne-Frisco zone so if bidding 3.5* you'd be bidding for the Breckenridge zone only (but you can use Dillon/Sivlerthrone/Frisco as a re-bid zone).

I would start with:

Select 3.5* Breckenridge...

Bid $80, if rejected add Frisco...

Bid $85

If the above is rejected, repeat every 24 hours increasing your previous bids by $5 for the early bids and $3 for the later bids, as follows ($90/$95, $100/$105, $108/$110, $113/$115, $118/$120)

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I found a 4* property in Beaver Creek for $128 per night plus resort fee. Dates are 8/7-8/10 of this year, 2 adults and 2 kids. I believe it is The Pines Lodge Rock Resort. However, the reviews for that property indicated kitchenettes, and these amenities do not. Also, the Pines is a 3.5 star and HW says this hotel is a 4 star, although I guess that is subjective.

Amenities:

Free Internet

Slopeside

Fitness Center

Pool(s)

Restaurant(s)

Golf Nearby

Accessible for the blind

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Roll-in shower

Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the help. We decided to book a condo through an owner directly (did not use HW or PL) because I found a great deal, and most of the 'hotels' were condos anyway. I will use this site and your bidding tips to plan for another leg of our trip, in Colorado Springs. Thank you so much for your help.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]