Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Detroit (Airport DTW) Detroit Airport Marriott

leebick
By leebick,
in

Just got the Detroit Airport Marriott for one night, $51. With tax/fees this comes to $65.24 I am a little disappointed as I was hoping for/expecting Embassy Suites. I think I should have checked online availability before bidding. We need to be downtown at 3pm on the 5th and again at 10am on the 6th. Dearborn would have been closer but really was hoping for Embassy Suites (based on wins here, and thinking our daughter might join us for the night). Oh well... rolled the dice and gambled on ES, lost this time but still got a great room for a great price! Here's the history:

bid $45, Airport... rejected

added Allen Park, bid $48... rejected

added Taylor, bid $51... won

OK, I'm off to check the Marriott Airport website and psych myself up about this. Of course I used the BB PRICELINE link to place my bid!

ETA: Erg... TripAdvisor isn't very encouraging, they say it's a pretty old facility with inattentive staff. Oh well... saved $10 off a blind Hotwire bid for same star level/location, and $22 off the best eligible rate I found online (AAA at marriott.com). It's only one night...

Congrats on your success. :)

Great rate for this Marriott property, although sorry to hear that the result wasn't what you'd hoped. Inventory varies (often substantially) from night-to-night and you may get any hotel at the star rating chosen in the zone/s chosen.

Thank you for sharing your win and using the site's PRICELINE or HOTWIRE links to start your purchases and searches.

Enjoy your stay.

I know you take your chances with PRICELINE. I have used them a LOT for hotels and airfare, and have never been disappointed. I am sure this'll be fine... just was hoping for Embassy Suites; love to stay there and usually cannot afford it. This is a Marriott, it has a great pool, free parking, free internet, in-house bar (YAY as I am usually the designated driver), work out room, etc. We will be fine, and with a little digging I have discovered that I am saving money over anything else I looked at (hotwire, online sites, etc)... and isn't that the point of PRICELINE, to save money or get better accommodations than you can afford? We'll be fine!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]