Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Chelsea - Madison Square Garden) TRYP Times Square South

afbelchior
By afbelchior,
in

Hi, need help on a bidding strategy for a hotel in NYC - 17 nov/21 nov (4 nights). I would like to pay the lowest price possible in a 4* hotel in TS, MTW or CPS. My max will be $200. Do you think that I could get a 4* hotel in these areas for up to $200? What should be my strategy? Thank you!

When bidding 4* in NYC you have TWO re-bid zones. If you're not familiar with re-bidding please read Priceline Re-Bidding Explained and feel free to ask questions and/or confirm your re-bid zones with the board before proceeding.

Select 4* MTW...

Bid $140, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $150, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $160, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* TS...

Select 4* CPS...

Select 4* MTW and TS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTW and CPS...

Bid $165, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $170, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $175, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 4* MTW and TS and CPS...

Bid $180, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $185, if rejected add re-bid zone...

Bid $190

Although i think the above will likely fall short, i'd start with the above and if rejected we'll revise to try again in 24 hours and bump it up to your $200 maximum. Although it still may not be enough, you may want to consider MSG, MTE and/or ESB in order to give more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

...you may want to consider MSG, MTE and/or ESB in order to give more hotels the opportunity to accept your bid.

Is there a reason you're opposed to the zones above?

HOTWIRE does have a 3.5* property offered in the UWS zone for $179/nite, it has not yet been identified so no insight as to how far north up it may be, but it does have a TA rating of 4.0/5.0 so it should at least be decent and a 4.5/5.0 from previous HOTWIRE guests so hopefully well located within the zone..

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I was thinking about considering anothers areas. The things is that is a reservation for my mom and she does not known NYC very weel and she prefer to stay in these areas as she stayed there before... But i'll have a look in hotwire as you suggested. Thank you.

Amenities:

Free Internet

Smoke Free Rooms

Fitness Center

Restaurant(s)

Business Center

High-Speed Internet Access

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Was trying Priceline 3* hotels up to $180 and getting nothing, so when I saw this offer I just took it. In hotel site the advanced purchase rate for the time i need is $297. Good deal!

First time that I really like the hotel that I get in Hotwire. Hope not be desapointed after the stay...

Thank you for sharing your results with the board... glad to see you're happy with the purchase.

I believe there may have been more amenities than you listed in your post, which would not have been seen unless you clicked the 'See all' link during the check-out process. (notably a ROLL-IN SHOWER amenity)

Can you please add a reply to this thread confirming the full list of amenities associated with this property... you can still view this information by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]