San Diego to San Juan

candiams
By candiams,
in

I plan to visit my grandmother in Puerto Rico this July and currently on priceline R/T is $608 and $530 on SouthWest. I want to see if I could get a lower price through Priceline by placing a bid. What would be a good bid to start with? I am new at this! Dates to leave are flexible July 1-4 (leaving) and returning July 16-19.

Welcome to BetterBidding!

Please click each of these PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links, then reply to this thread and we'll have a look at your post above.

How much of a discount would you need to make an opaque purchase (where you can't choose the departure/arrival times nor length of layover or layover city) worthwhile?

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

See this thread on [ur=http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=35993]Priceline Airfare ReBidding as you can get an almost unlimited number of re-bids by using different cities (that are close to San Diego and/or San Juan) but the only selecting the airports you really want.

Using the strategy above you can start at ~$250 and increase your bid by $10-$25 per re-bid... more near the beginning bids where you have a much less chance of a win and less at the higher prices as you get near your maximum bid and have a greater chance of success.

Any questions feel free to ask.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You should read the terms of the insurance policy as there are very specific conditions that need to be met to make a claim (most involve sickness and require a medical note)... the insurance is NOT if you change your mind, something else comes up, somebody in your group can no longer go, etc.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]