Priceline Hotel: 1* Tacoma (Auburn - Federal Way) Extended Stay America Seattle - Federal Way

drew345
By drew345,
in

On an upcoming trip to Seattle, I would really like to stay in one small area of Federal Way, near 320th way to be exact. I will not have a car and that area has the shopping mall and nearby transportation center with easy transport to Seattle. That area has Extended Stay America Federal Way which would be ideal but Econo Lodge and Best Western there in Federal Way are also good. Almost always when I bid on priceline, if there is an extended stay in the area, I always get the extended stay, so I would really like to book on priceline and get this extended stay (or other hotel in that specific area). There are a few problems, for some reason this Extended Stay Federal Way is listed as one star in Priceline (usually I think they are two) so it is probably grouped with countless cheap hotels. Also, Federal way is grouped with another city , Auburn. Auburn is not too far away, but since I won’t have a car, it would be terrible if I got a hotel in Auburn. My dates are 6/19 to 6/24.

The cheapest direct booking for the Extended Stay is $80. I know I can do much better on priceline, but how can I NOT get a hotel in Auburn (same booking area) when I bid on priceline.Can I see a full list of hotels priceline has in Federal way / Auburn? Under the Federal way link on this website, there is only Extended Stay for one star choices, but is that the full list? I see on this website that for Federal Way the only other hotels are 3 star choices (Clarion and Best Western Evergreen). Those hotels are also in perfect locations and would be fine. Just don't want anything in Auburn!

I also checked hotwire and they have a $41 Federal way 2 star hotel which they say MIGHT be the extended stay (which is 2 star on hotwire), or it MIGHT be the “Guesthouse Inn Auburn”, which would be really far away for me since I don’t have a car. Any way I can find out if Hotwire is offering the Extended Stay Federal Way or “Guesthouse Inn Auburn” before actually booking and paying? I hate to pay full price for extended stay when they are the hotel that comes up so often on priceline, but I really can’t risk getting a room in Auburn. What to do?

Finally, I guess I am not deadset on Federal way. I actually live in South Korea now and know Federal Way is like a little Korea. Any other part of Seattle near a shopping mall and transportation center where I can get a "sure" hotel near the mall and transportation center would be fine.

I would be happy with a bid up to $45. I would be happy with ESA or one of the three star choices (in that area and not Auburn)

Thanks for any tips!

Welcome to BetterBidding!

It don't sounds like PRICELINE is the way to go for you with this stay. You might get a hotel in Auburn. And the retail side use diffrent hotels/zones than the bidding side so you can't compare or try to limit the options like you do here. You can't bid or avoid a specific hotel when using PRICELINE You have to be able to accept any hotel in the zone at the star rating (or higher) you select.

If you're trying to target a specific property then HOTWIRE can often be a better option if you're successfully able to identify it based upon the star rating and amenities shown before your purchase... the trade-off is that HOTWIRE usually costs a little more than PRICELINE, so you need to decide what is most important to you for a given stay, the lowest possible price OR the ability to take an educated guess as to the property you may receive.

If you need any ID help so please list the amenities HOTWIRE associates with the hotel you're looking at and we'll be happy to have a look at this.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your purchases and searches.

Yellowdog.

You can also enter your desired location into our sister site MAPS and HOTELS.com and see if anything else in the area is offered within your target budget.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this stay or if we can be of further help.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice. I will research amenities and put a question on the Washington hotwire forum. I will also try the maps and hotels website. Thanks for that link.

Let me just follow up a bit with this original question on the Federal Way / Auburn district though. When I search this forum history, every poster ever winning a bid in this area got a room in Federal Way, nobody was ever given a room in Auburn. So, would that make it a pretty good assumption that bids in this area get rooms in Federal Way and not Auburn, or does the caveat that "new hotels are continually added and region boundaries change" still trump all.

I'll certainly start looking for other regions and websites though too. Thanks so much for your help!

Drew

Help ID 2 star Auburn / Federal Way

I found the below special on hotwire for my dates and area. Any help identifying the hotel would be greatly appreciated.

2 star

June 19 – June 25

Price $41

This Hotel features the following amenities:

Free Parking

Free Breakfast

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Restaurant(s)

High-Speed Internet Access, an extra charge may apply.

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

Wheelchair accessible

Accessible bathroom

Handicapped parking

Next to the hotwire offer, it says “what hotel, here’s a hint:

Get a hotel like this: Guesthouse Inn – Auburn, Extended Stay America – Federal Way, Econo Lodge – Federal Way”

Explanation:

I am looking for a room in Federal Way, Washington. The problem is that this area is grouped with Auburn and I will be traveling without a car so Federal Way (near mall and transportation center) would be great while Auburn (in the sticks) would be really bad. (Edit - I just checked the Auburn area on the map and they have shopping and a nice park and ride there, so Auburn would not be the end of the world for me if I ended up there.)

Thanks so much and love this Forum!

Drew

Thank you,

Since I am going to be staying 6 or 7 nights...

If I book for one night with a hotwire special ($41 Auburn / Federal Way) then see which hotel it is, then book the remaining nights if the hotel is in good location. Would that work? Does Hotwire give the same hotel each time for a specific special deal? It seems that the deal is for one specific hotel since they list amenities and even have a "compare at $79 on other websites" notice.

Thanks

HOTWIRE inventory varies for each set of date/s. You can look to see if the same listing is showing when separately searching for both your first night and remaining nights - if you purchase for the first night and like the hotel you can then purchase for the remaining nights. The "retail price" is not a reliable indicator as it's not the price for the underlying hotel.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

I got the hotel I wanted: Extended Stay America Federal Way

Priceline Instant Deal; $43 (not bidding, instant deal offer)

I figured it was my Extended Stay because it was one star (this ESA is one star on priceline) and described as being "studio with kitchen area". Figured that had to be an ESA.

Anyway, enjoyed my hotel search, saved a lot of money, and love this website.

Congratulations on your success!

Glad to see you received the hotel you were hoping for and are pleased with the results.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board. Do you recall the amenities that PRICELINE EXPRESS showed to be associated with this property?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]