Hotwire Hotel: 3.5* New York City (Chelsea - Madison Square Garden) TRYP Times Square South

slolar
By slolar,
in

I am planning on a long weekend in December, a busy time in the city. It's obviously a long way away, so have plenty of time to bid. I find I have good luck by bidding early :-)

So far I have bid up to $200 4* in CPS, MTW, ESB, MSG and TS with no luck for about 2 weeks. My max will be $225 but I'd like to stay at $200 max for a little bit.

I am considering adding on 3.5* in CPS, MSG and TS. What should my strategy be for 3.5*? No free rebid zones...Again a max of $200.

Thanks!

Sara

Are you plans flexible at all as your right on the cusp of when rates go from the high holiday season to the pre-Christmas low season... if you could delay your trip by one week you would be successful at bid levels lower than you have already tried.

Let us know if your dates are flexible at all and we'll take it from there.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I am considering adding on 3.5* in CPS, MSG and TS.

Note that at less than 4* in the CPS zone the Hudson Hotel becomes a possibility... it's well located but has notoriously small rooms (even by NYC standards). Please confirm that this is an acceptable outcome and we'll suggest a strategy for you to follow.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

It's possible that rates come down, or they could move higher, between now and your stay, but at the moment i think $200 will be a difficult win for the star rating and zones that you're seeking.

If you want to give it a try you can stick with your 4* bidding strategy (let us know if you want us to review or suggest a 4* strategy) and then after each rejected 4* cycle try:

Select 3.5* MSG...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* TS...

Bid $150, if rejected close browser and use this link to re-access PRICELINE

Select 3.5* MSG and TS...

Bid $155

Repeat the 3.5* strategy going up by $5 each time you attempt (so after $155 is rejected, then next time try $160/$165, then the next time $170/$175, etc, etc)

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Good luck and keep us update on your progress and let us know how we can be of further help along the way.

Anyone have an idea what these rooms could be? It's for a 3.5* in Times Square, $259/night

Free Internet

Pet friendly

Boutique Hotel

Fitness Center

Restaurant

High-Speed internet

Accessible for blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

This is 3.5* in MSG for $268/night

Pet friendly

Smoke free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business Center

High speed internet

Accessible for blind

Accessible for the deaf

Accessible path of travel

In-room accessibility

accessible bathroom

Roll-in shower

Could it be the Affinia Manhattan? No MSG are listed as "Pet-friendly"

Thanks!

Sara

Please keep all posts for the same stay in the same thread.

And, as always I use the links to do my searches. I really like the "quickquote" search boxes at the top of the page.
Please only post from a location where you're able to use the board links, thanks.

Max $200 (for now).

Have you tried the previous bidding... if so, how high did you get? Are you willing to spend $250+ for the HOTWIRE properties at this time?

Hi, Thereuare. Thanks for moving the thread. I wasn't sure if I should mix the PL and HW board issues.

I've bid up to 230 for a 4* and 210 for a 3.5*. I also have bonus bucks so each night also was +6, so really $236 for a 4* and 216 for a 3.5*.

As for paying $250 for HW right now, probably not. Just like to gather information so I can make an informed decision when I'm bidding.

Thanks for all the advice

Sara

Whatever these HOTWIRE hotels are i wouldn't assume that you would receive the same hotel when bidding on PRICELINE.

If/when you decide you're willing to pay $250+ for a 3*/3.5* hotel on HOTWIRE we'll have a look at what is offered, but given your stay is 6 months away, it is very likely these may not be the hotels offered once you're willing to increase your budget.

Just to update:

I have bid up to $236: (230 with $6 bonus buck/night)

4* TS, MTW, MSG, ESB, CP, Soho

3.5* MSG, TS

I just now reserved at Affinia Manhattan (PRICELINE 3.5* in MSG) for about my max PL amount (230 + taxes/etc) for a total of $854. It is cancellable up to 24 hours beforehand.

I like this property. I stayed here last June for $165/night (and at the time thought that was expensive!)

I will continue to bid, but will be more selective, and probably no more than $200ish a night. I will update if my plans change (which means I got a great deal!)

Sara

Thanks for the update.

A reminder that you can still use bonus money along with the board's PRICELINE link as follows:

1) click the bonus money link and enter your email to deposit the bonus cash into your account

2) close the current browser

3) use a link on the board to access PRICELINE

4) go to the MY PROFILE >> MY REWARDS link at the top right of their home page

5) use the bonus money link in the MY REWARDS section of your profile (not a link from an email) and bid as usual

Thank you.

Well, that didn't take long.

3.5* in Madison Sq Gardens on HOTWIRE for $203/night, for a total of 750.50. Tryp Times Square South. Just around the corner from the Affinia and $100 cheaper with free internet. Very happy with this deal!

Amenities (Same as in the HW list):

Free Internet

Smoke free

Fitness

Restaurant

Business center

High-speed Internet Access

Accessible path

In-room accessibility

Accessible bathroom

Roll-In shower

Congratulations on your success!

A nice deal at this very well reviewed property for what is historically a very expensive time of year.

Thank you for sharing your win with the board.

Enjoy your stay and have a great time in NYC!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]