Priceline Hotel: Priceline London Heathrow Northeast Error

alphamusic
By alphamusic,
in

Has anyone had an issue with getting a hotel well outside the mapped area? I seem to have been extremely unlucky and found a Priceline glitch. I was bidding in various Heathrow zones for both 3 and 4 star hotels based on the information posted in the hotel list sticky. I started at $50, in North Heathrow, then went to $60 including South Heathrow. I looked at the zone mapping for North East Heathrow and it seemed to primarily encompass good hotels, even though it wasn't specifically listed in the hotel list sticky. I went to $80 and won the King Solomon hotel.

The only thing about this hotel is that it is 15 miles to the edge of the North East Heathrow zone. It took an hour on the phone with Priceline for the manager to find the correct location on the map. The manager admitted it was outside of the zone, but wasn't able to process a refund. She said I had to wait til the "hotline" opened on Monday. Shame as my booking is for Tuesday the 22nd and London hotel prices often seem to go up closer to the date rather than down. Worst case scenario, I should get my money back with a credit card chargeback, but has anyone else had an experience like this?

Another thing about it, is that it has some of the worst tripadvisor ratings I've seen in ages, bed bugs etc.... I used to remember seeing Priceline guaranteeing certain standards, like branded hotels. Do I remember this wrong, or are standards slipping on Priceline? I have noticed in recent years there are quite a few more zones than what can be found in the hotel list stickys. Maybe it's to do with expansion?

I've seen a few reports here of hotels outside the zone maps. It is one of the very few reasons Priceline will refund. While it seems to take some time and persistence, I don't know of anybody that has been unsuccessful in getting the problem corrected by Priceline.

Romelle

Thanks for the info. I agree with the persistance required. It's a shame their first and second line customer service/ managers can't process refunds. It's certainly left a sour taste in my mouth. If they could have dealt with it in a timely manner, it wouldn't have bothered me, but I've already wasted an hour on the phone with no solutions, and I'm guessing I'll need to spend that much again before they will process a refund. In the meantime I would advise no one bids for 3 star hotels in the North East Heathrow zone until the King Solomon has been moved. It's a real dive compared to anything else in the area listed on the hotel list sticky.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]