Airline re-bid question

breezesunshine
By breezesunshine,
in

Hi;

I am new to priceline and this board. Thank you for any help.

I am trying to bid for airline tickets for round trip - Boston <> Orlando. I started my bid with $65 ($109 with tax and fees included) and was turned down. I don't want to change my dates or other criterion, so I am not allowed to rebid. My question is, how long do I have to wait before I can bid again for the same trip again? The message didn't say 72 hours like it does for hotel bids, so I am worried that this is it, I am not allowed to bid for the same trip ever.

I thought years ago you could bid up to three times at once before you are blocked out. This obviously has changed, right? It seems now that you are only given one shot if you are not willing to change options, or in case of hotel bids, wait for 72 hours.

Thanks!

From Priceline's flight help page:

"How do I try my Name Your Own Price request again?

If your request for priceline airline tickets isn't accepted the first time, don't worry - we've made it easy for you to try again.

Whenever possible, we will present alternative options that are available for your trip if your first request is not accepted. These options could include one or more of the following: raising your price, changing your travel dates or agreeing to depart or return from a different airport. Remember, the key to getting a great deal with priceline is flexibility!

If your current travel plans do not allow you to be flexible with your departure and arrival times, you can choose your exact itinerary from a list of great deals provided by our travel partner Lowestfare.com.

Remember - to keep this great service available for everybody, the airlines only allow you to make one Name Your Own Price

Plenty of re-bids available...

You searched above for BOS-->MCO and were rejected.

Now close any open browsers and re-access priceline. Do a search for PVD-->MCO.

On the sceen where you input your price, make sure to UNcheck PVD and check BOS... so you are once again only bidding on BOS-->PVD.

The above should not be viewed as a duplicate bid since your request which pulled up the "bidding screen" didn't start from the same airport combination. You can then repeat this for all the other airports listed under BOS as well as MCO... just make sure that each time you are only bidding for BOS-->MCO by unchecking and checking the appropriate boxes.

Good Luck and let us know how it goes.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

You have unlimited rebid opportunities.

On the Priceline home page, enter any city in the Boston metropolitan area as your starting location. For example, Quincy, Milton, Braintree, Weymouth, Brookline, Cambridge, Somerville.....and the list goes on and on. Note: The city you enter on Priceline's home page does not have to be a city that has an airport with commercial flights, or any airport at all, for that matter. Entering any of these cities will bring up Boston (as well as other area airports) that you can select to depart from. Assuming you want to depart from Boston, then select only that city. After each rejected bid, open a new window, this time entering a different Boston suburb on the home page. Once again, you will be allowed to select Boston as your departure airport.

By entering a different Boston suburb with each bid, Priceline does not consider this a duplication of your previous bid. To see for yourself, after you've made a few unsuccessfull bids, click on the "my trips" section of the Priceline homepage. You will see each of your failed bids listed here, each time with the different suburb you entered, despite the fact you selected Boston as your departure airport with each bid. Priceline treats your starting location as the city you enter on the home page, not the airport you ultimately select to depart from.

Using this strategy is how I won this bid.

Following this system allows you to make unlimited bids. Note: At some point along the way, you may get a counteroffer from Priceline telling you they'll see you the ticket for $XX amount. My suggestion would be to ignore their counteroffer and continue your bidding with the strategy. Priceline's counteroffers are generally always higher than the amount they'll actually accept. As you'll see in my situation, I increased my bid by $1 with each new bid, thus ensuring I didn't overbid when I finally hit Priceline's magic number.

Good luck!

Hi there! Here is the update:

I tried the tip you all shared and it works like a charm! Thanks so much!

I was able to big multiple times for the same trip. The bad news is that all my bids failed despite my increased bid amount. My last bid was only $10 away from the lowest fare published on priceline and Expedia. So I decided to stop the fuss and go with the published airfare instead - $139 round trip with tax and fees included. Not bad. :)

Here are the good news: I won two hotel bids! Great deals! Yay!!! :)

Gaylord Palms Resort --------- $85/night

Resort hotel in WDW area

Check-In: 11/25, Check-Out: 11/27 (2 night)

Peabody Orlando ------- $83/night

4 Star hotel in SeaWorld area

Check-In: 11/27, Check-Out: 11/30 (3 night)

Thanks so much for the help! :o

I'm glad the bidding strategy worked out for you. Unfortunately, Priceline's "name your own price" for airfare isn't very popular now like it was a few years ago. It's rare when Priceline can beat the airline's own fare specials, etc. You never know when the tide will turn, however, and if it does, you'll have the unlimited bidding strategy down pat!

Great results on your hotel bids, though! :)

Glad you found some success... can you please add your two hotels wins as two NEW TOPICS in the Hotel section of the board so that others can see your win(s) and can benefit from the information... nobody looking for info for Orlando will know to look in this airfare thread to see your winning bids.

Thanks.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]