Priceline Hotel: Failed Portland Bid

stuseattle
By stuseattle,
in

Thought I'd share a failed bid. Not sure if I was low-balling it too much or if it was trying for 2 rooms.

I'll go back on later and try again. One note . . . there are a couple of 3* hotels in the area that I was trying to avoid. That's why I didn't move down where, price wise, I might have more success.

Here's the info:

Dates: TOMORROW (May 18-19)

Location: Portland Airport ('cause I want free parking and the 3.5* hotels there mostly have it.)

Bids:

1. Bid 3.5 at PDX NO @ $50

2. Add North Harbor/Jantzen (3* max) NO @ $50

3. Add Vancouver, lower price NO @ $48

4. Add North Vancouver: 2.5* Max - raise price a bit NO @ $53

5. Add NW Portland: 3* max NO @ $59

6. Add Clackamas: 3* max NO @ $62

Probably will start all over again with 3* at airport but then I can really only add North Vancouver.

stu

HOTWIRE has a 3* in the Airport PDX Entrance area with free parking (among other amenities) for $88 and a PDX Perimeter hotel w/free parking for $93. The prices you see may vary slightly. There's a 3.5* in the PDX Entrance area w/free parking, although unfortunately for $150.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

HOTWIRE has a 3* in the Airport PDX Entrance area with free parking (among other amenities) for $88 and a PDX Perimeter hotel w/free parking for $93. The prices you see may vary slightly. There's a 3.5* in the PDX Entrance area w/free parking, although unfortunately for $150.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Yeah, but we REALLY don't want to go above $50. We'll push to $60 if we have to. One of my favorite hotels, the Staybridge Suites in Vancouver, has a 2-bedroom suite for $160 but, when you add the taxes, it's still over $90/night each.

I'm going to take a stab at the 3* on Priceline, see what happens. There are a couple of 3* hotels in the Convention Center area and in Vancouver that I'd rather not get so I'm a little more limited. Part of it might be the two rooms thing too . .. we'll see and I'll update it here.

stu

In the middle of re-trying, which I'll get to in a second, a $66/night price show up on Google Search for hotels with the Country Inn/Suites at PDX . . . hit to book and it shifted to $72, still lower than anywhere else. Feeling about done with all this . . . $80/night is more than I want to spend but at least I know the hotel. Hit to book . . . sold out! Every other site shows the hotel sold out too.

All right . . one more round of bidding. (Actually, two rounds but both were pretty much what I'm typing below.)

PDX 3* $49

ADD Vancouver and 3.5 $53

ADD North Harbor at $56

ADD Convention Center @ $62

ADD North Vancouver (only goes to 2.5*) @ $65

No luck.

stu

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]