Should i Split My (longer stay) Priceline Bid

thereuare
By thereuare,
in

ANY TIME YOU SPLIT YOUR BID, YOU ACCEPT THE RISK THAT YOU MAY (likely) HAVE TO SWITCH HOTELS DURING YOUR STAY

When bidding on Priceline, it appears that Priceline must have access to inventory for each night at your bid rate or lower, for your bid to be accepted.

If you are bidding for 2 nites, and Priceline's rate is $50 for the first night and $100 for the second night... you're bid for $75/night will NOT be accepted.

So if there is a big difference in rates during your stay, you MAY want to consider splitting your stay into two different bids.

As well, if you are bidding for a longer hotel stay, Priceline must have access to inventory at one hotel for every night ofyour stay in order for you to be successful. The more nights you need, the <slightly> more difficult it becomes. However, by all means try to bid the entire time period at once, and then if rejected, split up the dates if you so desire.

ANY TIME YOU SPLIT YOUR BID, YOU ACCEPT THE RISK THAT YOU MAY (likely) HAVE TO SWITCH HOTELS DURING YOUR STAY

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 2 years later...

If you successfully split your bid and get the same hotel on consecutive nights, what are the chances that they'll let you have the same room?

If they make you check-out and in again, do you have to sit there and wait / lug your luggage around until check-in time?

I know this will probably vary between hotels and employees but I was just wondering if anyone has ever had any experience with it.

Almost always you will not have to change rooms... just let them know at check-in that you have multiple reservations for a continuous stay.

Usually you will have to go down to the front desk at some point in the day to 'officially' check-out/check-in... but this just involves them re-swiping your credit card for incidentals and can be done at any time of the day (so no need to wait on line if they're busy... just try again at a later time)

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I often will split my bid and have saved money. A caution though, you may NOT get the same hotel let alone the same room. I did this recently for a November trip to London. I got the Holiday Inn Bloomsbury and the Thistle Marble Arch. Actually I am happy with it since I will be in different partrs of the city and can do one section from one hotel and the other from the second hotel, and my laundry on the day I switch!

• 8 months later...

I believe it makes sense to split bids if a weekend night is significantly higher than a weekday night. For example, you be able to get a low bid accepted on a Thurs, that would not be accepted on a Thurs, Fri, Sat. Please correct me if I am wrong

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]