Priceline Hotel: Which hotel in Downtown Toronto?

rezurrectah
By rezurrectah,
in

Hi everyone. We are going on another trip to Toronto hopefully this month if my wife gets Sep. 29 & 30 off from work (PLEASE PRAY). I'm usually the one who books the trips, we're taking her brother and his girlfriend on their first trip to T.O. (my wife & I have been there about 5 times). I've been browsing the forum and I see some people have stayed at the Sheraton (Downtown). Can anyone help me out? We've stayed at the Intercontinental (Downtown) and absolutely loved it. Is the Sheraton a better deal?

Sheraton or Intercontinental?

We stayed at Intercontinental on Front Street a few months back, in July 2005. We were there for 2 nights and booked through HotWire. We were very pleased with our stay there. We had a corner room, with lots and lots of windows. Our view was of the CN Tower. Room was clean, staff were attentive. We ate at a restaurant that was across the street. It was called something like "Joe Badali's" (not quite certain), which was reasonably priced and had great pasta. Cab fare to the Eaton Center area was around $ 6 (Canadian funds).

All in all, we would be happy to stay there again if we were assigned this hotel via Priceline or Hotwire. I liked it a little more than the Westin Harbour Castle, where we stayed in August and will be staying again in October, although we had a nice view of the lake at the Westin. The staff at the Intercontinental were much more helpful with our request for 2 double beds and non-smoking than the staff at Westin were. Although the Westin people did eventually accommodate our request, we were made to feel like we were less valuable as customers because we had used Priceline. Parking at each hotel is roughly $ 25 - 30 per night, but it seems that most of the downtown hotels are in that range.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]