Hotwire Hotel: 4* Venice (San Polo - Rialoto Bridge) Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal

lhall
By lhall,
in

Date of stay is June 13 - 15. I see a 4* at Venice Sant Lucia Station is available for $166 with a posted price of $298. Amenities only list business center and laundry. There is also a 4* Venice San Polo - Rialto for $266 with a posted price of $408 with amenities of free Internet and breakfast. I can't pin either of these based on hotels listed here. Any advice or tips on what they might be?

I've seen Bosco Bellini in the train station area but it is listing in the high 400's, and the other hints aren't helping much. How often do their "hints" turn out to be hotels awarded and how often are they there just to confuse?

Please provide a follow-up for your prior Sydney Hotwire thread (post in that thread what you decided for that stay), then reply to this thread and we'll be happy to look into the above. Please follow-up your threads with whatever you end up doing, even if you chose to book direct, cancel your trip, etc.

Please use the board's PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links to begin your purchases and searches

Yellowdog.

We went ahead and booked a 4* in the San Palo/Rialto area that said 100% customer satisfaction, free internet and breakfast for $266 a night. It is the Hotel Carlton on the Grand Canal. The odd part is that this was listed under hints for the train station area. Either way is fine, we are familiar with the location and happy with the win.

Thank you for sharing your results with the board.

Can you confirm if Free Internet and Free Breakfast were the only amenities associated with this property or if there were others please include them in your reply to this thread... you can still view the amenities associated with this purchase by going to HOTWIRE and clicking the MY ACCOUNT link near the top right of their home page.

Please also add the amenities to your Hotwire Sydney stay.

It would also be appreciated if you used the previously requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Enjoy your stay.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Another follow-up, I have contacted HOTWIRE about the classification of this hotel. It is located directly across from the train station and should be included in that zone, not the Rialto Bridge area that was in our bid and was awarded. It is included with the hints for the train area and is in the area included on the train area of their map. Another thing, it was listed as 100% guest satisfaction, yet TripAdvisor reviews show 4/5 guest satisfaction, I'm not sure where I can find reviews just for HOTWIRE guests.

From what I can tell, it looks like the pin on the map for this hotel is placed wrong. It isn't showing right on the Grand Canal as it should be and is stated on the hotel's website. I will let you know when I hear back, I just don't want anyone thinking this is in the Rialto area, it definitely isn't.

Another follow-up, we received an email from Hotwire giving us $50 in Hotwire dollars and I am copying part of it below. They don't admit that ithat they provoded an incorrect booking so we are going to continue to follow through since the more I think about it, the more I believe we didn't get what we expected and it is hard enough to book an opaque listing without it being incorrect. We could have booked a 4* in the train station area for $166/ night, instead we paid $265/night for a 4* in the San Palo/Rialto area based on the 100% approval rating and prices listed for hotels the Rialto area offered a much better discount. We had even considered booking the Carlton on our own and it would nay have been $30 more per night than what we paid. I guess my overall thought for this forum is that the Hotel Carlton Grand Canal shouldn't be expected to be in the Rialto area and hopefully Hotwire will make adjustments.

Here is the email we received -

"I understand the hotel you booked was not in the area you expected and I regret the inconvenience this has caused you.

We strive to meet our customer’s expectations, and we regret that we did not do so in this instance. I have applied 50 hot Dollars to your account, which you can use toward your future Hotwire bookings."

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]