Priceline Hotel: 4* Paris Airports (Charles de Gaulle Airport CDG - East) Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel And Conference Centre

Lana2013
By Lana2013,
in

Hi all! Can somebody assist a newbie to find a good deal on hotel in Paris May 22-26? I've read some tips like rebidding and found them pretty useful. How is it possible to determine what bid is reasonable? Should I start just from $50 for example? I am not familiar with France at all and don't want to end up in bad neighborhood even for good price. Does it worth to stay in air port area and travel to the center every day? Every advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rates are on the higher side for your dates and the inventory looks slim. You might get 3* or 2.5* for your budget. Montmartre area looks like your best bet.

The city center for Paris is big and got many zones. Please take a look at the PRICELINE map for Paris and let us know what zones you're willing to stay in.

The distance from airport (CDG) to city center is approx 1 hour.

Let us know and we'll go from there.

Yellowdog.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

...a good deal on hotel in Paris May 22-26?

...would like to see as much as I can for three days.

Your dates indicate a 4 nite stay but your post indicates 3 days... are your dates correct or is this actually a 4 nite stay?

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Your dates indicate a 4 nite stay but your post indicates 3 days... are your dates correct or is this actually a 4 nite stay?

I am coming to Paris May 22 late afternoon and leaving May 26 early in the morning, my plane is 7am. This is why I say 3 days to see Paris but yes, it is 4 nights in hotel. Thank you!

OK! When I went to the PRICELINE link I noticed at the right side the note that somebody just won 4* Hotel at zone 7 for $120. I was excited and bid that too for $119 (probably silly move) Did not win. What I am supposed to do now not to screw myself? I guess I should add another zone instead of dropping the star or should I drop the star? Thank you!

PRICELINE only guarantees double occupancy, after that it's at the discretion of the hotel, and you could receive a room with only one bed. While you can call the hotel you win and request a room with two beds, the hotel may not be able, or willing, to honor your request.

If this is not a risk you're willing to accept then HOTWIRE may be a better option as they allow you to search for up to quad occupancy and ensure sleeping accommodations for everyone you include in your search (although this usually means two beds, the second 'bed' could be a sofabed, rollaway, etc)

You can also try PRICELINE EXPRESS and look for a hotel that is offering the 'Bed Choice' option.

Let us know your thoughts and how you'd like to proceed and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I went to Priceline Express and found hotel with bed choice 3* for $103 per night in Porte De Versailles Area . Sounds good to me but I am confused. It is said there that it is 10% savings, next choice is another 3* at the same area for $125 but it says 35% saving and no bed choice. The amenities are

$125

Free Internet

Pets Allowed

Restaurant

Business Center

Fitness Center

$103

Free Internet

Pets Allowed

Could you please guess what hotels they could be? Thanks!

Each of these PRICELINE EXPRESS hotels are not in the same zone, i believe the $103 property in the Porte De Versailles while the $125 property is in the Porte de Montreuil - Pere Lachaise. If you double check and both hotels are indeed in the same zone let us know and we'll investigate further.

For the Port De Versailles property there really isn't too much to go on, but some guesses would be:

Quality Hotel Abaca Paris 15

Pavillon Porte De Versailles

Classics Hotel Porte De Versailles

Best Western Eiffel Auteuil

Let us know whatever you decide to do for this trip or if we can be of further help.

Remember code READYSET5 will give you an extra 5% off of PRICELINE EXPRESS.

Thanks for using the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board.

There is a good discussion about bid timing up in the FAQs. But for hotels, you are essentially within the "last minute" range already.

You might consider an airport hotel for the night before that 7am departure, although even with those and shuttle service it can still take quite a while to get from your hotel to a gate.

I'm assuming your airport is CDG? If you haven't been through there before - it is huge, and fairly complicated. Do everything ahead of time you can to make for a smooth transition - find out your terminal and gate, study an airport map, pack and dress so you don't get slowed down in security, etc. The very early morning departures can actually be a little easier, since lines haven't backed up yet, but don't count on any breaks.

The two Priceline Express zones you mention in your last post are a long ways from CDG.

Romelle

www.toandfromtheairport.com is handy. Same cost result as hohogap posted.

Regarding the trains, I found this:

RER hours vary, but on average trains run from 5:15 a.m. to midnight or 12:30 a.m.

If you are flying international, 2 hours is always a good idea.

Romelle

I agree with Romelle on location of the CDG hotels. We bid and won a PRICELINE hotel a couple of summer's ago at CDG (only one zone in those days) and were able to take a short tram ride and walk to the hotel on the way in. In the early morning return, we just made sure we had a reservation with the front desk the night before for their hotel shuttle in the morning and were pleasantly surprised that it was a quick 5-10 minutes to get to our terminal. When we arrived the night before we just couldn't follow the signs properly to get the suttle, so the tram and walking was our last resort. Still made it in 30 minutes!

For your last night, Hotwire has a CDG (could be either East or West) 4* for 73.

However, Priceline Express has a CDG-EAST for $84. I believe I'd be inclined to go with the PL to get the closest possible hotel. You might get really lucky and get one right in the terminal.

Romelle

For my last night I just put a bid for $70 CDG-EAST and won! i did not check location yet, hope it will work but it was a quite adrenaline as I am not a risk taker at all!

I won

Sheraton Paris Airport Hotel & Conference Centre

Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) - East

Looked at hotel details

Located inside Charles de Gaulle Airport, the Sheraton is just above the RER train station.

Wow! Seems it is handy! Looks like I don't even need a shuttle (maybe).

Thanks to Forum and espesially to Romelle for all tips and help!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]