Priceline Hotel: 3.5* Long Island - Suffolk County (Hauppauge) Hyatt Regency Long Island At Wind Watch Golf Club

nexofa
By nexofa,
in

A couple of things have changed since the last time I used PL to book a room on Long Island.

1) It used to be that I had three re-bids for 3.5* in Hauppauge, as none of the other areas had a hotel of that star level. Now there are only two. Glad I checked before bidding!

2) I used to routinely get winning bids in the mid $40-$50 range, but have had no such luck recently. In fact, the last couple times I've tried, I've reached my bidding limit without winning, and have booked directly at the HIExpress, trying to avoid at all costs staying at the 3* Wingate, which will never get my business again if I can avoid it.

3) I like the new interface for Posting a Winning Bid (or is it old and I just never noticed it before?)!. I could never keep straight what information was needed on what line and in what order. So this is much better.

Anyway... $85 for the room ($104.90 total) is still not bad at all.

-Tony

Thank you for sharing your result with the board!

Yes, the zones has changed recently. And always double-check your zones before each bidding cycle to make sure that nothing has changed since previously checking.

Great to see that you like the new interface for the board :)

Enjoy your stay.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

...and have booked directly at the HIExpress...

Please also note from our Support Page that we are an affiliate of the Holiday Inn Express a well as most other major hotel chains and online booking agencies. Please check for and use the links there whenever possible.

Glad to see you avoided the hotel you didn't want for this upcoming trip.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Yes, I have had difficulty in Hauppauge so I have been bidding in the MacArthur zone, a little further from where I want to be, but its about $65 for a 3*. The LaQuinta is fairly new and a nice property, I would stay again.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]