Sixty Car rental in Germany

lemon721
By lemon721,
in

Hello guys, I will go to Europe this month start from Frankfurt, Germany - France, Italy, back to Munich for my honeymoon. yeah!!

We are from Toronto, and both have G driver license for over 5 years.

I want to rent a car for our trip. Sixty seems offers a good price for car rent. 5% coupon for student.

Me 24, my wife, 23. So the question is about the insurance.

Yes. Insurance will take care of you when you outside. :) We are students, is there a way to save money?

1. I have CIBC aerogold infiniti visa card, I heard that I have to decline any LDW to make the insurance valid. So should I buy the insurance online?

16 days, total almost $1000!!!

2. If I just purchase the car online which around 400 for 16 days without insurance, and go to get the insurance once I pick up the car. I heard the insurance they offer would be double price? total around 1400?

Thank you so much guys!!

PS: I am still working on bid the London, Paris hotel!!! Holy, they are really expensive!!

Welcome to BetterBidding and congratulations :)

The insurance for rental cars is a very tricky question. Diffrent countries got diffrent rules. My best advice is to call Sixty's customer service with your questions and ask them what you need and have a everything cleared before you pick-up the car at the airport. You can have a very unpleasant suprise waiting for you when it comes to insurance if you don't have your rental agreement in order.

If you need any help with your hotels so please start a separate topic, we would be happy to help you.

Please use the PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your travel purchases.

Yellowdog.

Thanks a lot. Sixt is really weird company as they will send a reservation when you email them.

They never give me an answer with what should I do if the car is not automatic?

I would like to book the BMW 1er as the US website offer a good deal for 16 days with final price $525.

Have you considered just using trains to move about? They are fairly reasonably priced, you don't have to pay to park them, no insurance involved, they stop in the center of most cities, and you get to look at scenery while moving.

One of the best sources of train travel info is this site.

Romelle

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
$15 OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EXPLORER15

(Hotel Express Deals in USD $150+ purchase... expires 05/05/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]