Priceline Hotel: 4* DC (Dupont Circle - Woodley Park) Washington Marriott Wardman Park

kdmorton
By kdmorton,
in

So I am a first-timer, but I lurked on this forum like crazy and did some other research as well.

I started high because I was looking for a four-star in a good location and I was willing to pay "Priceline big," but not over $150 big.

I was tempted to take one of the Express Deals for a 4* in Dupont Circle-Woodley Park zone for $100 a night, but then I did what many do and used it as the upper limit of my bidding instead.

I started at $65 in Dupont Circle-Woodley Park for a 4* - rejected

$65 for 4* in Dupont Circle-Woodley Park, Downtown-White House, and Foggy Bottom-Georgetown - rejected

Waited until the next day, and rebid for 4* in all three areas at $80.

Priceline countered at $95, and I took it.

Ended up with two nights at the Washington Marriott Wardman Park for a total of about $225. It's basically on top of a metro station, but still in a quieter part of town.

Called the hotel immediately after to politely request a King bed rather than two doubles. Fingers crossed for that, but overall very happy. Going rates even on discount sites were over $200 per night.

And I do apologize, but in the rebidding, I forgot to use the PRICELINE link. I plan on booking through Priceline all the time now, so I will use it in the future. Thanks!

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]