Love the new Hotel Lists Lists

kgregory22
By kgregory22,
in

The hotels list for the Puerto Rico and other Caribbean islands is showing very incomplete regarding the previous format.

Several newly reported hotels are not included in the list yet. Some regions are not showing either.

Many of these properties were reported weeks ago.

Why is that? Why not having all the updated information?

By the way, i like the new format. It will be better once ALL the previous reported properties be included in the list.

While the changes may seem small on the front end, this has been a MAJOR project and required a lot of changes on the backend (and we're glad to hear the changes are being well received :) )

All the necessary PRICELINE changes are complete and all new priceline hotels should be appearing in the hotel lists.

The backend interface for adding HOTWIRE hotels has taken longer then expected. It should be completed in the next 2-3 days at which point any new hotels and/or amenity set changes will be made to the hotel lists (we have been savings all changes from the least few weeks offline).

While keeping the hotel lists up to date is the utmost priority for us, the new changes (once complete) will make the hotel lists easier to maintain, they will be updated more quickly then they were previously, and we can use the data in other ways to create new features for the board.

I expect everything to be completed and updated within the next week.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

I appreciate making the forum and board more user friendly however in my case it makes it more difficult with the changes to the Priceline/Hotwire Hotel Lists. Instead of looking at the free rebids with one look, I now have to click on each area to determine if a certain star ranked hotel is in my rebid zone. Not a big deal really but it will now take me twice as long to determine this information. Another thing is I can no longer copy and paste name of hotel in to tripadvisor to read the reviews of the hotel, again no big deal just will take longer now to type each and every hotel into tripadvisor.

Thanks for your comment, but so far the feedback here has been overwhelmingly positive.

Since you apparently are using the board and the hotel lists, it would be appreciated if you also used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

• 1 month later...

Maybe I'm doing something wrong but I'm having a great deal of trouble with these new Priceline lists. I have no idea what Region my desired towns are in and spend a lot of time clicking each region and hoping to find the towns I want. With the old lists it was easy to scroll down the page or use 'find' to find the name. Help! Please tell me how, through Priceline or elsewhere, I can find the correct region.

Currently I am searching for:

Batavia NY

Mansfield MA

Bridgeport CT

Thanks very much.

We'll start with the easiest as an example...

Go to PRICELINE (or easiest to use the search box on the above right of this page or our BiddingHelper.com) and enter 'Bridgeport, CT'. On the PRICELINE bidding page, just above the list of zones, it will read:

Choose more than one area in Trumbull - Milford, CT to improve your chances.

Trumbull-Millford is the region... Bridgeprot is the zone

Batavia NY... no hotels have yet been reported to the board in this zone

and

Mansfield MA - this is not a PRICELINE zone. Enter this location into the search box like you did previously above and you'll see this area is part of the Milford - Foxboro, MA region, but 'Mansfield' not a zone name that PRICELINE uses (although it looks to be part of the 'Foxboro-Sharon' zone)

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As noted above:

While keeping the hotel lists up to date is the utmost priority for us, the new changes (once complete) will make the hotel lists easier to maintain, they will be updated more quickly then they were previously, and we can use the data in other ways to create new features for the board.

As also noted above in reply to your previous comments:

Since you apparently are using the board and the hotel lists, it would be appreciated if you also used the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board to begin your future bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

• 3 months later...

I don't care for the new lists. It's hard to figure out where to find certain zones. I tried using hotwire to book a hotel in Vallejo, CA which is in the Napa-Sonoma area. Hotwire provides results for Benicia and Martinez that BetterBidding doesn't show. It seems unlikely that no one has ever reported hotwire hotels in those two cities. Are they perhaps missing?

coasterkev,

It would be appreciated if you started to share your wins with the board so that others can benefit from the information, as well as use the requested PRICELINE and HOTWIRE links on the board for all your bidding, searches, and travel purchases.

Thanks.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]