Priceline Hotel: Failed 4* Seattle Downtown

arizonagirl
By arizonagirl,
in

Was that a 4* or a 3*? For your dates I see a 3* star with those amenities for $118

If it is really a 3* that you saw, it is most likely the Holiday Inn Seattle Center which as the same amenities

The location is :211 Dexter Avenue North, Seattle, Washington

Description: The brand-new Holiday Inn Seattle Center - located just minutes from downtown - sits just under the shadow of the Space Needle. Deluxe accommodations include refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and underground secure parking. The Emerald Grill restaurant on-site serves both American and Asian cuisines

No, it was mos def a 4* (I saw that 3* on there too and figured it to be the Holiday Inn). When I looked before, it was $199/night, but when I just pulled it up a second ago, it had dipped to $186 - gotta love HW...

Any ideas? Could HW possibly list the Edgewater as a 4*? It's the only higher-quality hotel I've found that I think is within the Space Needle boundary. But I haven't done a ton of research yet.

Before looking into this property, is it really a possible candidate for you? The Space Needle is not generally the prefered area people want to be (vs. Pike Market) and there are other hotels in the 'better' area which are similarly rated and the same/less money.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Fair question, and the answer is yes and no, I guess. Although I'd rather burn my eyes out than pay $200 a night for a hotel room, I've got a unique circumstance. Here's the deal (maybe I should've started a new thread, but here goes): I'm going to be in Seattle from 9/29-10/2. On the first night of the trip (9/29), I only need one room, but thereafter I need two. Since neither HW nor PL will let me book the entire vacay at once with such parameters, I'm contemplating booking the 9/30-10/2 rooms on PL, and then trying to "match" the hotel I get to one offered on HW for the first night of the trip (as best I can). Anyway, knowing the PL Seattle DT zone includes the area around the Space Needle, I checked HW to see what was available in that area. I was trying to guage the possibility/cost of booking for that one night. I was surprised to see a 4* hotel in that area on HW, as I was under the impression that no such hotels existed there.

I really don't want to switch hotels midstream, but I also don't want to book two rooms on a night where I only need one. And for whatever reason, booking a room on 9/29 alone is ridiculously expensive using conventional methods.

Anyway, perhaps it's a moot point for now. When and if I book the second part of the trip on PL, and see whatever hotel I get, I will reinquire on HW. Hopefully I won't have to book a room in the Seattle Center area ...

• 4 weeks later...

We ended up booking the Crowne Plaza. Thurs (9/29) we're paying $194 but only got one room as there are only four of us that night. Fri-Sun we're paying $148/room for two rooms. Not the greatest bargain of all time, but we didn't want to split our bid and bidding a 4* for two rooms for all three nights was approaching the same cost as just booking direct thru the Crowne.

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]