advice sought

elevensecondv6
By elevensecondv6,
in

I need to get the best price on a rental car in Tampa.We are flying in but a friend told me I may save some money by renting outside the airport.I tried PL a few times and my bid of $17.00 a day for an economy car was rejected.I will be picking up the car Oct.18th and dropping off Nov.5th.I only need an economy car.This is my first post so I hope I didn't break any rules. :-)

Thanks for any advice.

... and you $17 bid abmove would total $432.

Given that was rejected you can try $18 and then $19, but after that i think you end up paying more than the price above. Also, you have to consider if saving $20 is really worth it, given the non-cancellability factor of priceline. If you're plans change at all then you're stuck with an accepted bid, where for $20 more you have the flexibility (I assume) to cancel. Of course if your plans are 100% confirmed and there is no chance of you needing an extra day or canceling one day of your trip this is not a factor, but usually there is some value placed on the flexibility factor.

Please use this HOTWIRE and these PRICELINE LINKS: HOTELS, CAR RENTALS, and AIRFARE to begin your travel purchases

Thanks for the advice.I am going to keep searching to try and find a better price.I have over a month so I do have a little time.Our plans are pretty much set right now with plane tickets and the room we have rented.I know I have to wait for like 7 days I think to rebid on Priceline.I am hoping to pay no more than $450.00 for a rental car.

Thanks again

• 10 months later...
Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]