Priceline Hotel: 4* Orlando (SeaWorld - International Drive - Convention Center) The Westin Imagine Orlando

pfaherty1
By pfaherty1,
in

Hi, I'm brand new to bb but I have used name your own price about 50x on Priceline. I have a question no one has ever been able to answer and I hoped someone might?

In one priceline area, INTERNATIONAL DRIVE/SEA World Orlando FL there are multiple 4* hotels. If the advertised rate on one of them is $179, and another is $300 (BOTH are 4*) do I have a better chance of getting the nicer one ($300) if I bid higher? In other words, I know I can get the $179 rm If I bid, say $90. But if I bid $125 are my chances of getting the $300 room better? or am I just likely to overpay for the $179 room because they are both 4* in the same area?

Thanks!

Welcome to Betterbidding.

You're quite likely to overpay. Both services require flexibility and overbidding to try and get (or avoid) a particular property is definitely not recommended. You can bid more than the retail price for a property and still win it - there have been examples reported to the board, including one accidental instance where the bid was much more than retail.

Sharing any prior wins (as separate threads) would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for using the board's HOTWIRE or PRICELINE links to start your purchases and searches.

Started with $60 NYOP bid for 1 night stay, 2 rooms, 4* in Sea World/I Drive area. After being rejected I added the MCO area (which has no 4*) and increased my bid to $63 which was accepted.

2 rms @ $63 = $126

+ tax/fees of $26 = $151 total for 2 rooms/1 night.

Savings of approx 64%

(+ resort fee/parking)

Need help with your own trip?

Register now, we have a huge community of travel enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have.

Create an account

Register a new account
Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
EXCLUSIVELY at BetterBidding:
10% OFF

PRICELINE COUPON

(click here) and use

promo code

: EASTEREGG

(Hotel and Car Express Deals max $60 discount... expires 03/31/2024)
QUICKQUOTE [X]
PRICELINE & HOTWIRE on one screen!
NOTE: Priceline searches for
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ONLY
Room %roomN%:
Age of child:
FINDFAST[X]